Manic Monday

iVillage Member
Manic Monday
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 2:08pm
I'm so excited today! I got to see our little baby. And we saw the heartbeat! So exciting.

What's going on in your neck of the woods this week and today? I'm trying to recuperate from our family reunion weekend, which was so fun by the way. I'm really tired, but I'm going to try and stick to my schedule this week and get into bed by 9 instead of ten and maybe that will help. I've got to break down my craft room and turn it back into a bedroom because we are having guests next week. My best friend and her 3 kids. It will be so exciting and fun to see them. They've never been to visit me before.

What are your week plans?

Stacey

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 5:19pm
I'm on easy street this week! No traveling or anything.....husband has a work weekend, so I've even got the weekend to myself to get stuff done!

We went and saw "Bruce Almighty" last night -- good flick for the masses I think, but I'm sure some christians will find it offensive. I liked the basic message of it though....

I'm thinking I'm going to sneak away to an afternoon flick of Finding Nemo this weekend too! I'm in sordof a movie kick....

So, I'll just be playing catch up on indoor and outdoor chores and enjoying being home!

:)Kerry

PS: Stacey, so glad to hear your first ultrasound went well!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 7:52pm
No major plans for the week. We are finally in our new house. We moved our stuff in a week ago Saturday but stayed at my IL's because the men were still working on the stairs. I was so glad to see the paint guy working on staining the railing on Wednesday! I about could have kissed him. He was done on Friday so we stayed the night that night.

This past weekend was my FIL's retirement party as pastor of our church so we had tons of relatives and friends here. Some stayed the night, we had a large group Saturday and Sunday night for dinner and I cooked for eight adults tonight as well for the lingerers. Tomorrow someone else is cooking.

Tomorrow we are shopping for stuff we need for the house. Hope we don't have to spend a fortune. My one year old Christened the carpet this evening with his leaking dirty diaper! Wooops! I think it came out.

Stacey - so glad your ultrasound went well! HOw are you feeling. I am a little sick in the stomach but so far am managing. How about you? Naps are very helpful if you can get one in. I try to about half the time.

Kerry - I hope to see Bruce but probably will have to wait to rent it.

Well, I must get back to my guests.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 10:04pm
My plans? Work when I have to, write when I can, relax at any spare moment! Counting down the weeks till hubby's return, and looking for good stuff in the meantime - next holiday is July 1st, so that's good! :)

I will wait eagerly for books, too: I have "True Valor" and "And The Shofar Blew" reserved at the library, and hubby's bringing home the 5th Harry Potter book. (He just finished reading the copy his parents bought him when they went on a shopping trip to Costco on Saturday.)

Now, if I could convince one of my gals to travel to New Brunswick... Just kidding, I'll keep plugging away at my parents for that one.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 10:35pm
How exciting for you Stacey! I was the coach for my best friends first baby and it was so wonderful to be a part of it.

I blissfully have nothing planned this week. It seems I just came back from California when I went to Kentucky on a business trip. I want to spend some time in my own place! I saw finding Nemo last weekend, sort of. At a very critical point the light went out on the projector! We could hear it but not see it for about 10 minutes. The good news is we got free movie tickets. My friends and I were joking around about Nemo sequels and just for fun, here's what we came up with:

Nemo Bond: The fish that fried me

How to lose a fish in 10 days

Eating Nemo: the second course

My Big Fat Creek Wedding

Jaws 5: Nemo's Revenge

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 12:26am
I've been catching up on some movies, so I might be on the same kick as you. Last night, I watched "Two Weeks' Notice" and "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days." Enjoyed 'em both and laughed a lot at the crazy antics in the second movie. Will probably see "Equilibrium" next (recommended by an engineering student at my church - he's a lot like my hubby, it's almost eerie) and then give "Charlie's Angels" a second viewing. Not sure what I'll want to view after that...

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 10:42am
Haven't seen the How to Lose a Guy in 10 days yet -- I probably should rent that one, but I did see and liked Two Weeks Notice well enough (the end wasn't all that great, but oh well).......

Now I'm running out of time to do all the fun things I want to do this weekend! Too many movies to see!

:)

I'm confused - do you have two names? cl-zions daughter and butterflyblue22 and I've just never picked up on it?

:)k

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 12:46pm
Hey Cynthia! So glad to finally hear that you are in your house. Now wanting to kiss a contractor.. I can relate! It's so nice when they are finally done huh?

I'm feeling fine, just absolutely exhausted! It's just one of those things I guess, but I took a nap in the dental chair yesterday during my lunch time!

Other than that I'm good. Dr said I can get back to my work out routine, slowly which is great for me, and that already made me feel better today.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 12:50pm
I saw Finding Nemo this weekend and I really enjoyed it as well. My mom really wanted to see it and knew that dad wouldn't go with her. We liked it, especially Dory. It reminded me of some of my old patients at my last job!

Hope you are having a relaxing week Ruth. Your sequel's cracked me up!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 6:49pm
Yep, I have two personalities. I had just been visiting at the Romance Writing board, and neglected to log in with my CL hat when I had a message to post here - I don't notice until after my message has gone through.

If you visit the Creative Christian Writing board, you'll see me there as the CL as well!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 10:37am
That is so great! I love the two personality thing....almost like having a...can't remember the word for it but an author name and your real name. I've never understood why people write under a different name -- is it a psychological thing that people consider books based on an author's name?

anyway - sordof a babbling response huh?

-kerry

Pages