Wednesday WWW's

iVillage Member
Wednesday WWW's
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 11:19am
Let's have everyone do a W today! Like Becca's rolling Friday five. I'll start and the next person answer my W and then post their own... OK?

What have you done this week that's good for you?

Stacey

I've gone and exercised twice..

S

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 11:50am
I've gone for a 20 minute walk almost every day. (I worked 7 hours on Monday, standing on my feet for practically all of it, so I decided I could have a break that day.) Also a little dancing when a good song comes on and I just can't sit still for it!

**What has made you happy today?**

For me, it was the announcement just a moment ago that Vancouver, BC, Canada, had won the bid for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games!! Yipee! I can't wait to be back in BC and hopefully to be part of the Olympics in some way. Whee-hoo!!

Becca (whose MSN Messenger nick is now "Vancouver 2010!!") :) :) :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 7:15pm
Well, eating at McDonalds made me happy today.. although I know food shouldn't, I find comfort in the fact that my filet of fish tastes the same each time I order it!

When are you due for your next dental check up??

first W that popped in my mind...sorry ;-)

Stacey

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 11:24am
Hi all!

I like the rolling W's...

:)

To answer the last question posted: When is my next dental appointment? I'm not sure, but I think it's in January, 2004! I was just there fairly recently, so I think that's why January is ringing a bell...

Here's my question to be answered:

Do you have a 4th of July tradition of any kind? (for Becca and crew the question would be the same for Canada's national day)!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 12:59pm
When I'm in my hometown, I always try to make it to the fireworks. Didn't do that here (wasn't sure of the best place to watch and suspected it would be too far to walk), but instead watched (on TV) the festivities at Parliament Hill, in Ottawa.

**When was the last time you donated blood?** (I haven't been able to yet, but hope that I will be able to make it within the next few months. It's something I've wanted to do for years.)

Becca :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 2:15pm
When was the last time I donated blood? Never, I cannot donate blood.

When was the last time you played all day in a mountian stream?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 3:44pm
OK, the "all day" part takes me back about 8 years to a camping trip in Big Sur,CA. A group of my friends from church went for a long weekend and had a blast.

My question:

What was your favorite vaction?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 9:34pm
Aside from my honeymoon, there's one vacation that stands out in my mind. My dad, little sis and I were driving to Dryden, Ontario, from our home - I believe this was the summer after my high school graduation, so 1996. (My mum hadn't felt like travelling that year - it stresses her out to be away from home for long.) By the time Dad was ready to stop for the night, all the motels were full. We drove on, and Dad told me that the longer we drove, the more likely it was that the owners of the motels had switched on their "No Vacancy" signs so they could get some sleep! Had a short stop at the Manitoba-Ontario border (there's a park and info centre there), then it was only a few hours to Dad's hometown! We had a full week in Dryden, and it was one of the best for me - I got to walk around town by myself, learning the streets and different landmarks, and my little sis was not around to pester me! (She was with cousins her age, who lived in the same town.)

Anyway, sometimes the simple things combine to make a great time off!

Becca :)