Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 12:07pm
What's going on in your corner of the world? Busy with work? Nose in a book? ;) Looking forward to anything happening in the next week or the month of August?

I've experienced an increase in hours at work, and I'm hoping it keeps up. On Thursday, though, I have the day off and will be handling the insurance and registration of my truck, plus I'll pay the garage and finally drive it home! Yipee!

I've been reading a bit during breaks at work, but it's time to search for more Christian authors. I have some ideas thanks to a newsletter for fiction readers, plus recommendations from friends. Any more names you can throw my way?

I'm happy about my next holiday, the first Monday in August (most provinces in Canada use the day for a provincial holiday). I'll probably go for a drive somewhere new and spend time with church friends if it's possible. Other than that, I want August to be here and gone, so September can arrive! (And with it, my hubby!)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 1:58pm
My little corner of the world is getting busier! I can always tell when August is right around the bend because the university campus gets more crowded every day with with all kinds of folks....

This is getting ready to be my busiest time of the year, but I'm home from any road trips for a few weeks and I'm so glad to be home. I love just being home sometimes!

:)k

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 5:07pm
Hi Becca! I'm going to St. Louis on Thursday! I'm really looking forward to visiting my family and hosting a bridal shower while I'm there. I've got plans for most every minute. The only thing i'm unsure of is how I'll keep my hair from total afro mode! The humidity and I dont' get along! I'm also looking forward to seeing my dad and brother for the first time since I got pregnant! fun

I'm reading another T. Davis Bunn book but it's soo steeped in banking and trading espionage that I'm confused and just reading it for the couple of plots that I can follow. Work is slow today and I wish we had more patients. Please pray for that for us.

Thanks,

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 9:49pm
Hello all, first time posting here.

I am the choir teacher at a Christian school, so guess what I'm doing? That's right, lesson plans. I don't have a particular curriculum I use. I am doing themes for each month. September will be called "Saved in September". I'll be using traditional hymns, some contemporary worship songs and a few contemporary songs.

Currently I am reading The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie King. It is great, so far. Well written and interesting.

Recommended read in Christian books is Breaking Free by Beth Moore. It is very comprehensive and a great way to break of some chains in your life.

Liz

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 11:54am
Welcome Liz! I'm glad to hear about your job and your program sounds good. I've not heard of the author you've mentioned, but Beth Moore's bible study, "To Live is Christ" is amazing. I've been doing that with my Wednesday night church group and have really loved it.

Thanks for posting. We hope to see you around more often.

Stacey

co-leader of Christian Bookshelf

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 12:30pm
Hi Liz! Welcome to the bookshelf...

I love it here! :) I'm a *huge* Beth Moore fan -- glad to hear you loved reading Breaking Free. That was a fantastic study and was actually the first bible study I ever did of hers. Needless to say I am hooked!

Sounds like a great profession - what a wonderful way to share God everyday!

:)k