Plans for the week

iVillage Member
Plans for the week
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 12:40pm
Happy Monday Ladies! What are your plans for the week? What are you reading this week? Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I've been so scarce lately. I'm not sure that will change much though, so I'll just chime in whenever I get a chance to stop by! Have a great week!

Blessings, Leslie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 2:28pm
It's the week before vacation, so I'll be scrambling around to get laundry done and packing started. Our kitchen is completly torn out at the moment - no water or oven, so that's adding to the stress level! The cabinets will be arriving tomorrow.

I haven't had much time to read. Anyone in the middle of a good book?

K.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 4:06pm
Hi all!!! I'm back from my whirlwind trip to St. Louis. I hosted the bridal shower and the bride was beaming. She was so happy and that's all that matters. I think that it was a great success, but my cohost deserves soo much praise- she was amazing!

The trip over all was a success, but I came home a bit down. I always feel so bad that we moved so far away. I can get a bit stressed by it all as well. I'm going to try and have a very relaxing week with minimal plans. I'm going to try and get 3 work outs in and eat healthy for the whole week. I'm also going to try and get some good rest in and plan for my next week. I'm expecting to feel more energy next week--the beginning of my 4th month of pregnancy.

I'm still reading the T. Davis Bunn book- Reluctant prophet and I'm also reading the nanny diaries on my e-book.

sTacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 5:01pm
hey there everybody!

My plans for the week are relatively low-key and I love that. My husband is in town all week, work is rambling along very manageably and all is well on the homefront! I am however, in dire straits over a stray dog I have recently taken responsiblity for and can't find a home for her to save my life! She is a puppy and is tearing apart our backyard (the deck, the patio chair, the foam on the air conditioning unit, a few flower pots, the garden hose, etc.) I had no idea that doing the right thing by taking her in would lead to such hard times! My husband and I just about came to blows on Saturday because we already have two dogs right now as it is....ugh. Oh well, I am learning a lesson through all of this for sure.

Anyway - I am currently reading "Friendship Cake" by Lynne Hinton and it's really pretty good. It's an easy read!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 5:03pm
Glad to hear you are back and had a great time!!! I'm sure it must be hard being so far from home and being pregnant and everything -- your family will build up some frequent flier miles coming to see you and the baby when it's born.....

:)

Have you registered anywhere yet? Let us know when you do and where okay???

:)k

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 6:34pm
Things have been busy here at work as usual! I've been pretty busy on the home front too, it seems like I'm always going out somewhere these days. This Friday I am going out with a group of friends to see the muscial "Thoroughly Modern Millie". Should be fun.

I've been in a reading mood and plowing through books left and right. I've recently finished "Dime a Dozen" a Christian mystery that was really good. I'm starting Lori Wick's new book "The Pursuit" next and have Life Support by Robert Whitlow lined up after that. Whew! I hope all of the books I have on hold at the library don't come in soon!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 8:06pm
Have you thought of crating the dog. The dog will be safer and you will be saner. I always thought it wasn't nice to do that, but then I thought about what if my dog ate something and got so sick while I was gone. Now she still goes in there every night to sleep.

Just a thought. Plus it will save your deck!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 8:10pm
Wow! Kerry- you are too much! My mom and I actually went to Babies R Us yesterday. I will eventually register there- but your generous heart and thoughts warmed my heart and blessed my day. I'll let you know. I just realized how much stuff we're gonna need!!EEEKKK!

Stacey

Edited 7/28/2003 8:13:13 PM ET by cl-stacey0527

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2003 - 12:09pm
My summer's finally getting a little busy. Got my truck back yesterday morning, and am hoping it behaves from now on! This AM, my task was to research cell phone packages so we have an emergency phone in case the vehicle breaks down again. (And if I get a brand-new phone, that's a fun gadget to play with. :) )

Haven't been reading much, just little snatches while on break at work. Maybe tomorrow I'll set aside some time for that - I have writing projects to attend to as well. Also want to find time in the next couple weeks for some redecorating of my place. (Mainly, getting a few simple furnishings - lamps, curtains, etc. - if I can find them used or inexpensive.)

So, this week is as follows: work when scheduled, go for a walk every day, write!, read a bit, continue to research programs we need in Linux. (And fix the sound problem I created by updating a file I shouldn't have. Oops!)

I just installed a program the other day that has me on AOL's Instant Messenger and Yahoo Messenger at the same time. Email me from my profile if you want to be on my buddy list! (I don't remember everyone's email addies, plus I may not have some. Got you, though, Stacey o' mine!)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com