Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk
Tue, 07-29-2003 - 6:44pm
Hi! I'm finally here.. I've been working on our last minute trip to Denver/Santa Fe. DH and I are finally deciding to take a trip and we've got to make these plans pronto!

I'm having a hard time finding a hotel and all. I think that I'll look in the AAA book when I get home and make some calls. I'm not sure we can afford this trip. All the hotels online are very pricy!

Who makes the vacation plans in your house? Do you do it way in advance or last minute. I guess my DH last minute plans are seeping in, because I'm doing it way last minute now!!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2003 - 9:13pm
Hi Stacey

All my vacation plans are last minute unless I plan to go to Disney land/world then I need to do a budget.

When in Denver do stop by the Focus on the Family place, my son and I want to go there and see Whit's End. Santa Fe is where I will move if I decide on NM. I have to say that I have never made hotel reservations for other than Disney. So I could not say.

Steph

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2003 - 9:48pm
All the big trips we've made so far as a couple (in three years of marriage) have been planned thoroughly. If it's just a day trip, well, sometimes that gets planned a lot too!

Maybe we'll have a spare day when hubby gets back to run down to St. John or go see Moncton - it's hard to go for spontaneity when work and school schedules interfere. Sundays might be the best days for us once he's studying again!

Thanks for an easy question today - I'm tired and testy, so I needed a good topic to go with my soothing cup of hot chocolate!

Becca

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 11:13am
Vacation? What's a vacation? Is that where you go somewhere that isn't tied to a family gathering and do touristy kinds of things or just lay around and relax? I can't remember what that's like?????

:)

My husband and I keep saying we're going to go somewhere and then we never do....haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon in April of 2001! He knows I'm dying to go to a beach somewhere that I don't have to fly more than a couple hours so we'll see! Maybe in 2004? If we were going to go somewhere, my husband would definitely do all the arrangements, which is probably why we haven't made it anywhere yet.

:)ker