Thursday thoughts...

iVillage Member
Thursday thoughts...
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 11:29am
I can tell you I was wishing that I could rhyme something with Tantrum! I am really wanting to throw one today. Everyone is cancelling for my Saturday and I just hate that! I have to juggle so much more when that happens. Oh well, I guess it will all work out. Plus we have the totally Negative guy in the chair. I always feel so bad for Dh. This guy just comes in and complains about everything there is. I try to share some joy with him, but he's sucking it out of me with all his negative talk...

What do you do when you get in a mad funk and can't seem to get out? I'm not feeling awful, just wanting to throw a tantrum and go do what I want which is go back to bed today!

I'll say 2 good things- Today is the first day of my 2nd trimester! and the person who did cancel was our last patient of the day- so we'll get off a bit early!

Sorry for the rant- it had to be done.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 1:15pm
Hey, Stacey!

We all have those moments, or hours, or days....! I have to chuckle about your negative patient, though. Today I have to do a performance appraisal with the most negative person in the department - how do you in a professional way tell someone to not be so grumpy? (and the lousy raises the company is giving this year isn't going to help).

I usually hide somewhere with a good book when things are that tense for me. I guess it's escaping from the problems, but it works!

Gotta get to a meeting.

K.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 2:07pm
Back when I worked in a bible bookstore I met this lady who was so obnoxious and rude I didn't know what I was going to do. She bought several framed prints and treated me like her servant telling me to help her to the car. I was fuming the whole way out and when she went to get her car while I waited out front I kept saying "Help me love her Jesus, just help me love her so I don't say something I'll regret". Well in an instant God showed me she was like that because she had no self esteem. She was short and round, had one of the worst haircuts I had ever seen, no make up, it looked like she went out of her way to be plain. He told me she was so abrupt so people would reject her attitude and not her...I hope that makes sense. It was like a shield of protection. By the time she came back I was almost in tears...it was all I could do to not hug her. I remember smiling and talking to her but I don't remember what I said. God really did something in me that day. I don't always succeed but I try to remember to pray "God, help me love them". When I do it, it really helps.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 5:57pm
I'm trying the escaping thing too. I finished one book and will start another probably. I don't want to do anything important and I wouldn't be much for conversation either, so I've set my IM status to Away.

Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. I already had a nap before supper, so maybe I'll just go to bed early.

Time for a bit of exercise, in case that will give me a boost. I haven't had a bad day like this in a long time, so I don't know any magical cure.

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com