TGIF!!

iVillage Member
TGIF!!
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 10:38am
I'm in a much better mood today. Have a lot of things to do this weekend that have been neglected of late - can someone remind me of that once I get to Sunday? I don't want to waste another weekend, especially since this one includes a holiday on Monday.

What does your weekend look like so far? Anyone going to the beach? I would love to find a lake with a nice little beach, take a couple books and my writing supplies, and just absorb summer itself. In reality, I will look for a spot close to home, maybe even just outside my apartment window, and pretend it's a beach!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_zions_daughter
Sat, 08-02-2003 - 11:24am
yesterday I had enough weekend to last me for several weekends. I didn't have to babysit, so my friend who was off work also invited me to Lake Wauberg, a free to anyone who has one member of their party with a UF student ID lake. I did Kayaking for the first time (actually first time with any water activity besides swimming) and paddleboating. They were both free also. We then drove 45 minutes to a little town called Ocala to visit their cute mall and see if they had better sales, and met her sister who teaches school briefly to shop. Back to Gainesville where she was eating at Moe Burritos with her bible study group. I and a couple of non-group members tagged along. I go to a different church, and the groups are small since it's such a big church so some other church members who are friends with her just came to. One girl wanted to go next door to see Pirates again, but we were so tired we watched a video instead.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2003 - 12:59pm
Well, I'm happy it's Saturday and I've only got a couple of hours left of work, but I did a dumb thing today and am feeling bad about it. Long story- but DH is being nice- but don't you hate it when you do dumb things. Just wasn't thinking about him before I did it. Really was only thinking of myself!

Well- yesterday was productive til like 3 then I was super lazy til 7. Went to an open house at my Stampin' up demonstrators house- got a new catalog and ordered some stamps. It was fun. I'm using looking at my new catalog as a reward for getting all my work done here. I've got to make charts- my #2 dreaded chore at work. #1 is filing.

Anyway- no plans for the rest of the weekend, except church tomorrow and exercise tomorrow. Maybe DH and I will do something, but I'm going to let him suggest something if he wants.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-02-2003 - 1:21pm
My weekend is off to a great start. I was blessed to get 5 free tickets to the traveling Broadway production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and invited 4 friends that I have known forever but have not seen in a while. Last night we had a blast going to dinner before and the show ... which was REALLY funny.

Today I'm going to go see "Spy Kids 3-D" because I am a kid at heart and love 3 D movies! After that that we are going out for Tex-Mex so you could say this weekend is full of my favorite things. Now, if I could just get to a beach like Becca was talking about it would be heaven on earth...

~Ruth