Wednesday WWW's

iVillage Member
Wednesday WWW's
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 11:00am
Welcome to the Christian Bookshelf Today! I think I might have been alone yesterday-- or my question peaked no interest :( . Oh well, today we'll start off fresh and early and see if I can catch some of our regulars and maybe some newbies!

What is the most fun you've had this summer?

Where do you get most of your reading material?

What book are you currently reading today?

What's on your To Be Read shelf?

Hope this sparks some interest today!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 3:17pm
Shore is quiet in these here parts!

I don't know why but I have problems posting from work but today it seems to be working okay. So how is your pregnancy going Stacey? If I remember from the postings right you are just starting your 2nd trimester. Hope all is going well!

Here are my answers to your questions:

What is the most fun you've had this summer?

My visit to California...that was actually May but I'm stretching it a little.

Where do you get most of your reading material?

Library mostly. They've been great about getting Christian novels in.

What book are you currently reading today?

Operation Firebrand...about a special ops team, christian, made up of a former Navy Seal, former Mussad (Isreali) Agent, Computer Geek, etc. Designed to assist Christians all over the world. I just started reading it but so far it is excellent.

What's on your To Be Read shelf?

The sequel to the book I'm reading, Life Support by Robert Whitlow, and one by Catherine Palmer that Becca posted an excerpt from...I can't remember the name!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 5:52pm
Hey Ruth! Thanks for posting about my pregnancy. Yes! I'm in my 2nd trimester. My clothes are starting to get fairly tight around the waist but I'm in denial over the cause. I'm reading my pregnancy books and trying to think about the nursery, but it's hard. Sometimes I don't really "feel" pregnant. It's weird. I know I am, but I just feel tired tired tired as my only symptom. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat and see the next ultrasound.It only seems real when I look at my growing belly and see the ultrasound pictures- but even then the baby is just a white blob!

I'm feeling good. Hopeful for the next month to go quickly. 7 weeks and counting til my SIL's wedding- that I'm in- got to wear a bridesmaid dress and having some anxiety over it fitting!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 5:54pm
Excuse my absence yesterday. Either I didn't make it to this board before work, or I was too early for your topic. Sometimes when I arrive in the morning, I don't come up with anything to say! Should post something anyway, so you know I'm still around!

On to today's questions...

What is the most fun you've had this summer? **Besides my birthday lunch in June, I'd have to say that playing games online with hubby has been the best - since we're so far apart, that's what makes me feel closest! By myself, I've had lots of fun getting free kids and family movies. I might take out Veggie Tales next (I think it's just "Silly Songs")!

Where do you get most of your reading material? **Public library. I am, therefore, at the mercy of those who purchase and donate the books, as well as others who may have recently signed out the materials I wish to read! Still, I don't pay a cent for the service and have been encouraged to try many different authors because of it!

What book are you currently reading today? **A secular romance called "Absolutely, Positively." Next library visit will probably include a Max Lucado book, and a request for Christian fiction - I think I've exhausted the local branch's selection, so it's on to the entire province!

What's on your To Be Read shelf? **Liz Curtis Higgs, J.I. Packer's "Knowing God," Stephen R. Lawhead.

Good books, come my way! :)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 5:55pm
Was it "Love's Proof"?

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2003 - 1:11pm
Yep, that was it! Thanks for posting the passage, after reading it I put the book on hold at the library. I know what you mean about tapping out your library. I'm starting to request books through interlibrary loan...it acesses 500 libraries! It takes about 6 weeks but will be worth it if I can get them in.