Friday Five!!

iVillage Member
Friday Five!!
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 8:26am
How about some favourites today? :)

1. Old Testament character

2. New Testament verse/passage

3. Movie based on a book

4. Genre of Christian fiction (mystery, romance, suspense, historical, etc.)

5. Book/author to recommend to friends

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 8:38am
1. Old Testament character: Joseph

2. New Testament verse/passage: Romans 8:38-39

3. Movie based on a book: First one that came to mind was "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." It doesn't have dazzling special effects, compared to new movies; but I think it was such a thrill to see C.S. Lewis' books onscreen that I've always loved my little collection of Narnia movies. (They forgot to make "The Last Battle," though. :( )

4. Genre of Christian fiction (mystery, romance, suspense, historical, etc.): I usually pick romance, but I've also really enjoyed historical books, like The Russians (Phillips & Pella) and The Zion Chronicles (Thoene). And I grew up on a mystery series (by Lois Gladys Leppard) with a girl named Mandie. I guess I love it all!

5. Book/author to recommend to friends: "Kilmeny of the Orchard" or "Blue Castle," both by L.M. Montgomery. I love the name of the first, but the second is actually a more involved and intriguing story. They both have their strong points, however! I consider it a shame when a person only tries "Anne of Green Gables" and never looks at Montgomery's other works!

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 9:42am
1. Old Testament character

Joseph - I love that God gave him dreams and he never let go of it. It's encouraging to me that everything he went through was stepping stones in God's plan for his life.

2. New Testament verse/passage

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3. Movie based on a book

The Hiding Place.

4. Genre of Christian fiction (mystery, romance, suspense, historical, etc.)

I like each one "best" depending on my mood. Right now I'm into mysteries.

5. Book/author to recommend to friends

Dee Henderson always. Recently I have really enjoyed Mindy Starns Clark. She writes a Christian mystery series that is extemely good.

Happy Friday Everyone!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 9:56am
Oops! I just noticed that was supposed to be a NEW testament verse! Here's mine:

Ephesians 3:17-21

That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 10:11am
I'm pretty sure I have read every book LM Montgomery has written! My favorites are still the "Anne" series, especially the first 3. I wasn't very happy that they never had her go to college in the videos...I would have loved to have seen her roomates portrayed in a movie.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 11:09am
#1 OT Charicter. Joshua

#2 NT Verse. And Jesus Wept.

#3 Movie based on a Book. The Black Stallion

#4 Christian fiction. Suspence

#5 Book. Ancient Lights by Ralph ---cannot remeber last name

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 12:42pm
How about some favourites today? :)

1. Old Testament character - Noah

2. New Testament verse/passage - John 3:16

3. Movie based on a book - Left Behind

4. Genre of Christian fiction (mystery, romance, suspense, historical, etc.) - mystery/suspense

5. Book/author to recommend to friends - Lynn Austin