Wednesday Www's

iVillage Member
Wednesday Www's
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 1:07pm
Hi everyone! I'm just sitting here trying to get some money into the office. I've got a goal set and need to make it happen.

What are your woes for today?

What are your worries? are they the same as your woes?

Who is making you say Wow this week?

Any Words of Wisdom to share with us today?

Thanks for participating!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 1:30pm
My words of wisdom (and a laugh that we both posted so close together): Who needs Microsoft products?

Just kidding. Having a few problems with Windows and I lack the confidence to do a reinstall to see if that's the proper solution. While I wait for my computer guru to come home, I downloaded a few free programs to circumvent the MS applications that are giving me a headache!

Real words of wisdom come from Proverb 3:5, which says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 11:17pm
Anybody else get the new worm/virus on their computer? I installed the patch last night but got kicked out of my system 4 times while doing it, LOL! Thankfully that's all it did. I asked our computer guru at work for some suggestions and he burned a CD for me with some free internet protection that he said should do the trick. I installed it tonight so I'm all set!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2003 - 12:12pm
I didn't get it. But don't know what I would do if I did! what a mess. I don't even think I would know what to do in the first few minutes when I found it.

What are you supposed to do if you get a virus does anyone know? Ruth- how did you find out how to fix it?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2003 - 1:45pm
Because this was such a big deal, they said on the news there was a patch on Microsoft.com and that's basically how I found out. Also, having a "nerd" at work is a wonderful thing! He REALLY helped me out. Basically computers these days need firewall protection in addition to a good virus scan program. Becca may actually know more about that than I do.

~Ruth