Tuesday Talk- Projects

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk- Projects
Tue, 08-19-2003 - 6:40pm
I've got a project in mind for my house. You know that my first child is due in February. Well the nursery is now serving as my craft room. In that room I have my hopechest- filled with memoribilia- old year books, records etc. a file cabinet, a folding table and a chair. I'm wondering if it would be safe to use the hopechest as a toy box in the future. It has corners on it and the lid has a prop that holds it open. I really have sentimental value for the hopechest more than anything.

Anyway.. I'm rambling... what do you do when you have an organization project. Do you plan then do are you just a mad woman and take care of everything at once? I'm slowly weeding stuff out of the closet in that room. I plan to clean out all of the areas I need to move around and then see what I'm left with. I think I'm going to have to have a garage sale!

Stacey

ps sorry I"m very late to the board. I was updating my computer on dial up it took hours!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2003 - 8:46pm
First, I write a To Do List, so I don't forget all the projects I have in mind! Then, after a while (unless I'm extremely energetic and ambitious), I get to one or two items. Some days, like this past Sunday, I get a lot done in a short period of time 'cause I just determine to get it done. With my housecleaning, I can start one activity, like laundry, then do another while the first is still happening! When it comes to my photos, however, I take so long reminiscing over every one that I can't do anything else at the same time. Maybe I can do some of that organising tomorrow? (Have the day off with hopefully only a couple errands to run and then some writing to do.)

Thanks for sharing this topic! Ask around about that hopechest - if it turns out to be too much of a hazard for a toybox, keep your craft supplies in it, maybe. Or anything that carries good memories!

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 8:37am
We're almost finished with the current project at our house (kitchen remodeling). After that is done I want to go through closets and clear out boxes of children's clothing to make room for things we really need to store. Remodeling the kitchen has made me think of complete reorganization of all my stuff. I think my husband will be clearing out the garage (which has tons of stuff packed in it from the kitchen remodeling project - one project leads to another, I guess!).

There always seems to be something that needs to be done.

As long as the lid of the chest can be propped open it should be fine for a toy box. I noticed the lid on the toybox we have just stays open all the time any more!

K.