Happy Labor Day Weekend!

iVillage Member
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Sat, 08-30-2003 - 10:11pm
And for any Canadians, including me, that's "Labour Day." ;)

If you check in this weekend, let us know how you're celebrating!

With my Saturday shift over, my vacation begins! Of course, I have a few chores to take care of; but then I can relax and make time fly till Tuesday evening, when my hubby returns from his summer job! We'll have some catch-up time before he starts another semester at university.

To kick off my weekend, I'm watching "Return to Never Land." :)

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-01-2003 - 3:38pm
Anyone want to come over for muffins and tea? My dietician explained that muffin mixes are more nutritious (and cheaper) than grabbing from the bakery, so I now own a muffin pan! I made a batch of chocolate chip to start with. Yum yum!

I watched "Wild America" last night - used to see the PBS show all the time, so I knew I'd be interested in hearing more about Marty Stouffer and his brothers. Today, I'm taking the time for the "Anne of Green Gables" movies. My copy of the second is still at my mum's house (my mistake in not bringing both), so I used my last free kids/family rental to get it! Yes, I have too much time on my hands! :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-01-2003 - 7:31pm
Sigh. I love when I reach the end of the second Anne movie. I feel so good that Anne and Gilbert finally get together! And tonight I was a little more swept along by the emotions 'cause I get my own reunion tomorrow. Although I have a couple quick cleaning jobs, I wish the time to go to meet hubby at the airport were already here!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 9:24am
Wow Becca, I bet you are excited! I'm sure you and your hubby will have a great "reunion"!

It was rainy, rainy, rainy here over the Labor Day weekend so my holiday weekend was kind of low key. I am very thankful we didn't have any flooding however. I saw the video "The Sum of all Fears" this weekend. Anyone else seen it? I liked the plot but the language in it was horrible. I really need to get one of those language filters for my TV.

What did y'all (as they say in Dallas)do this weekend?

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 10:00am
I believe I got a poor quality file of that movie. I hear a lot of that language in everyday life, but it sure is refreshing when a filmmaker or writer realises it's not necessary. As I used to say in high school, "There are so many other words to express oneself - why resort to profanity?" (Well, it was something similar, but not those exact words. ;) )

I tried to read a couple Tom Clancy books, but they were a little dry for me. I like the movies, though.

Hubby's gotta remember the movie selection on the flight from Vancouver to Toronto, so I can see it as well. (At the end of April, he saw "Catch Me If You Can" and liked it, so I watched it too!)