I'm a reader & writer, not a baker!

iVillage Member
I'm a reader & writer, not a baker!
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 12:52pm
Forgot that I had been using hot water before making a batch of muffins. Didn't realise until I started mixing the batter and the chocolate chips were melting. Brown muffins for me! Oops!

Ah well, I bet they'll still taste delicious! The normal ones from yesterday will go to a friend from church! (I've only eaten two of those, so I'll have to see how funny-looking these are before I think about giving her a full batch, or just ten perfect "moo-fins.")

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 12:54pm
Thanks for sharing! That story sounds like something that I would do!!

Is your hubby home yet?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 1:03pm
He's back tonight!! Yipee!! :D

The friend from church who'll get the muffins is driving me to the airport. Hence the desire to give her something in return. (Hubby said he'd prefer to take a taxi home - he hasn't gotten to know the church family yet, so isn't as comfortable with them - but he left it up to me how to get there, or whether to stay home.)

I phoned her up just after I put those funny muffins in the oven, but she isn't sure she'll have time to come for tea before the drive. Ah well, I still got the baking to share.

Pretty soon, I'll go out for a walk - it's so beautiful out today, as it was yesterday - and then I must clean up the dishes that are waiting for me. Chili's cooking so there's yummy food available whenever hubby's inclined to eat it. Should also do a quick vacuuming of the living room (I eat at the computer, naughty person that I am).

Muffins just done! I think they actually turned out better than the first batch, despite the colour. Will have to see about the taste when it's snack time in an hour.

Becca :D

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com