Prayer Needed

iVillage Member
Prayer Needed
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 12:03am
Good Evening Prayer Warriors -

I found out today that my brother has left his wife of 10 years and 2 year old daughter. My brother's name is Jake and his wife is Shelbi and the baby is HaileyRose. This happened about a month ago. My brother and I aren't incredible close....but we are close, if that makes sense and I hadn't talked to him in a while. I called him at his house today and Shelbi told me what had happened. My brother has started drinking heavily. He is also an insulin dependant diabetic and alcohol is not good for this condition. It can cause his blood sugars to go way out of wack. He is also seeing another woman who is engaged to a different man. Please pray for my brother's family and that the Lord will touch them all and bring them back together.

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 8:55pm
They're in our thoughts, Jen. I know what low blood sugar is like, but I can't imagine how much more complicated diet and lifestyle can be when insulin is required. Sounds like your brother has a lot of stress and has chosen the wrong way to "get away from it all."

Hugs to you, your sister-in-law, and your niece!

Becca

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 3:24pm
We'll be praying for Jake. And for Shelbi! What a tough situation? I just shake my head when things like this happen. God can use any situation for His glory and I'll pray that that's what he'll do in this one!

we sang a new song in church called you are Lord. Let's remember he's Lord of all today- He can do it!

Stacey