Thursday Thanks

iVillage Member
Thursday Thanks
Thu, 09-25-2003 - 12:55pm
What are you grateful for today? Anything you're looking forward to as well?

I'm happy that I successfully installed Gentoo Linux recently, and last night put Windows on the smaller hard drive for this computer. (We now have two machines at home - yep, I'm a geek and need my own. :) )

Also excited that today marks the start of a new long-distance plan for us, so I can call Mum (and sisters) as much as I used to. (For the past year and a half, I think, we've just tried to keep our long-distance calls to a bare minimum. Now that I can get 20 hrs for the price of 3, I'll be yakkin'!)

What else?

I've been getting a steady number of hours at work, practically full-time. Hopefully that will make it easier to get a credit card (only for building up a good rating, not to borrow money) and to get through another year with a university student in the family. (About two years left till hubby's done!)

Trying out a book called "The Poisonwood Bible." Kinda have mixed feelings about it so far, which is why I'm so happy that a writing friend of mine plans to make all the chapters of her novel (unpublished, in the editing stage) available to a private writing group. If my library books don't satisfy, maybe my friend's story will! (Have a Liz Curtis Higgs on the way, too, so there's more hope for good reading - I'm too picky, I know.)

All right, it's your turn! Speak up and count your blessings. :D

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com