Tuesday Talk- Boy or Girl????

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk- Boy or Girl????
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 12:01pm

Hi! Today is the day of my 20 week ultrasound! We are hopefully going to find out the baby's gender and I'm really starting to get excited to see the baby looking like a baby and not a round blob!

Here's today's question.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 12:12pm
I think I would prefer a surprise. :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2003 - 1:11pm
Hi Stacey

I did not find out the sex of my son. It was the supprise that I liked. When he was born he only had yellow, green, and white baby outfits. That was fine with me. My aunt delebritly dressed her daughter in nutreal colors. Then when people would ask her if the baby was a boy or a girl, she would say what does it matter. The funny thing was that the people did not know how to treat the baby.

Her daughter is now 12 and a great Irish step dancer.

Steph

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-01-2003 - 9:12pm
Hi Stacey - I had my ultrasound the day before you - on the 29th. We chose to find out each time although the first one they were unable to tell. I do not like surprises. Our first boy wore a lot of neutral and I did not like it. I wanted to put him in boy clothes. The next time we did find out that it was a boy. This time I was hoping to find out that I could do some shopping for girl clothes as the boy clothes are so boring. I would like a little girl (actually I would like her to have a sister as well) but God has blessed me with another boy. I love both (all three) of my boys very much so I can't say that I mind. I am as yet undecided about whether to have any more children at this point.

As for finding out the sex, I guess I tend toward the practical side and want to know how to prepare things. I like clothing and such to distinguish for which it is but then again I was not above putting maroon or purple on my sons either. Part of it really is that I hate surprises!

So did you find out and are you willing to share? I am dying to know. How is your pregnancy going? I am feeling better these days but already feeling big. I dread the days when I am so big that I can't get comfortable but for now it is minor. Have you felt the baby kicking yet? Mine is pretty active but still in the light stage. Soon enough they will be poking us with sharp little elbows. Sometimes it really hurts. :-) Like we mind!

Hope you are feeling well.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2003 - 12:11pm

Cynthia- Congratulations on your boy! I'm having a boy as well! I think I was overwhelmed seeing the baby and getting so excited to finally know. My biggest pet peeve about not knowing was that I would not know what to call the baby- so I would say "the baby" or "it". Which I didn't like at all. I was hoping a bit for a girl- but only for the "doll factor" of dressing her up. I think having a son will be just wonderful and I'm thrilled as I don't know if I'll get the chance to be pregnant again- so a son- to carry on our name is awfully nice! My husband didn't really care- but I think he'll get excited when we get some cute boy clothes and stuff.

Congratulations on your boy! We'll have lots to talk about in the months to come! I've been feeling the baby move lightly every other day or so- it's becoming more noticeable now- but I now know what to fee for! It's amazing! I'm feeling like I"m getting pretty fat as well. I hope that I can keep my weight down a bit more this month so I don't get a lecture.

Hugs,

Stacey