Late! Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Late! Tuesday Talk
Tue, 10-07-2003 - 6:51pm

I'm in a foul mood. I guess I'm wanting to talk about pet peeves today! My #1 pet peeve is when the phones are dead at my office! #2 is cranky patients. I think I need some positive feedback but I don't think I'm gonna get it yet.

I am feeling bad about me as well. I'm starting to feel just huge in all of my clothes and my stomach is starting to really look distended and not in a cute basketball pregnant way. I look huge like I'm stuffing a pillow under my clothes from my boobs to my crotch! Believe me it's not pretty. I guess it's normal to have these feelings but I feel bad about it. I finally felt the baby move- just a bit today after 2 days without. I was really missing him. maybe he senses my bad mood?

What's up with you and what are you're pet peeves?

Stacey

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2003 - 4:59pm
Pet peeve at work: Customers asking for things I haven't had time to do - today was the split wings that were on sale in our deli. Most days, it's the rotisserie chickens. One time, a man stared at the oven for a few minutes in a row, as if that would cook them faster. I shoulda kept my mouth shut but when he started asking me how soon they'd be done, I let him know a little about food safety. Basically, I told him I couldn't remove the birds from the oven till they'd reached a certain temp (180 F - all our temp checks are done in Fahrenheit even though Canada's s'posed to be a metric country) and also said "If it's not cooked, it'll make you sick." Some people don't seem to care, but it's my job on the line and their health as well. (I've had food poisoning, so I know this is serious stuff.)

Pet peeve at home: Having chores to do when I feel like doing absolutely nothing. Also, I get mad at myself when I waste a whole evening as I did last night. (I was s'posed to be writing and instead I watched a movie and then sitcoms. Shame on me.)

Sometimes all we can do is take a deep breath and try to let go of what's bothering us. There are certain things we can't change, so why fret... Good advice, but hard to live by!

Hugs to all,

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com