Manic Monday

iVillage Member
Manic Monday
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 1:55pm

Let's do an introduction post... ok? I'll introduce myself and tell a little about me- you do the same. It might be a great way to get to know something about each of the posting members! Anyone Lurking is able to post as well!

I'm Stacey- I'm a co-cl on this board. My home in in Phoenix, AZ where it's always sunny. My favorite author is Francine Rivers and I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my first child! A boy!

What's going on with you today?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 2:12pm
I'm Becca, the other CL. I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, where today it is a bit cloudy today. (Was raining overnight.)

At the moment, my favourite Christian author is C.S. Lewis. (Though I still haven't tried Liz Curtis Higgs and Lisa Samson, who seem to have won the hearts of my writing buddies.)

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada, so hubby and I are relaxing. We're watching "Two Weeks' Notice" right now. I also did a little bit of editing on what I hope is my first novel.

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 2:20pm
Good Morning Everyone -

This Jen, 29, from beautiful Washington State. I am single but have my wonderful kitty cat named "Java." She is 2 years old. My favorite authors are Dee Henderson, Kathy Herman and Robert Whitlow. Of course there are more that I like....but I can't think of them right now!!! LOL

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 5:06pm
Hi, this is Ruth from Texas - where the people are really friendly!

I have been reading Christian Fiction forever (!) and I have seen a huge improvement in quality and variety since I've started. Some of the authors I like are Dee Henderson, Randy Alcorn, Francine Rivers, Robert Whitlow, Jefferson Scott(new), Stephanie Whitson, Lori Wick and Jeanette Oke.

I'm single and own a condo by a huge lake outside of Dallas. I love to hang out with friends, go antiquing and almost anything Art Deco. I grew up in Carmel, Ca and worked there when Clint Eastwood was mayor (my claim to fame,LOL!) I was involved with youth ministry for a lot of years but now I'm more involved in prayer ministry. I guess that's me ... the condensed version!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 7:59pm
Did you find it easy to name your kitty? I'm not sure how well I'd do with pet names. For my stories, and future baby names, I turn to a book called "20,001 Names." I wonder if there are similar books for pets...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 8:02pm
Do you have a favourite Francine Rivers? I noticed last night at a church gathering that the pastor's wife has at least two of her books. I've read one of them, but might be borrowing the other fairly soon...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 8:46pm
It's a toss up. I like the first two books of the Mark of the Lion Trilogy with the 2nd book being my favorite. I equally like The Scarlet Thread. What book are you borrowing?

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 9:45pm
When I remember to ask - that could be a while from now - I think it was called "Echo In The Darkness."

There are also Janette Oke books, and Brock & Bodie Thoene ones too. Can't remember what other authors...

Eagerly awaiting Liz Curtis Higgs' "Thorn In My Heart,"