Wednesday Www's

iVillage Member
Wednesday Www's
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 11:14am

Hi! Just wondering if anyone is around these days? I've missed several days with computer troubles, but traffic seems light....

What's going on with you today? I woke early by the dog- drat! and couldn't really get back to good sleep. Now I'm having such a sleepy day. I'm going to take a nap in the dental chair as soon as I get the chance. My side is feeling better today. I'm praying that the cyst will resolve and I'll be 100% by the weekend.

What's up in your neighborhood today?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 12:13pm
(Jumping up and down) I'm here, Stacey! :)

I've been using much of my computer time to earn some money translating a Canadian website from English to French. I check our board once a day, usually.

I slept in this morning, so hubby didn't get a ride to school but had to walk. Oops. Ah well, he coulda taken away the covers if he really wanted me to get up. ;)

I'll be going to work in about half an hour and I have the VCR programmed so I won't miss two shows tonight (one's a teen soapie but it's Canadian and has some of the same characters from one I watched when I was a pre-teen). I'll probably watch the tape when I get home, to wind down the day.

Tomorrow's a day off and will be spent crossing things off my To Do list! And more translation, of course, 'cause I'm eager for the cheque at the end.

Almost forgot your other questions: I'm reading "Possession" by A.S. Byatt and my buddy for the day is same as usual, since hubby's been my best friend for years.

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 4:51pm
I’m here too! I’ve been lurking off and on but this is our busy season at work so I haven't had much time to post...and when I get home I usually don’t feel like getting on a computer again.

I’m glad your side is feeling better Stacey. I’ll be sure to keep you situation in my prayers. As for me, I recently bought a DVD player and am having fun learning about all the bells and whistles involved. I bought a set of “Little House on the Prairie” DVD’s so with 23 episodes that should keep me entertained for a while! I finally bought Beth Moore’s book “Jesus, the one and only”. I never finished it because I had to return it to the library and I have wanted to read it ever since. I’m reading the book of Luke along with the chapters and I’m really enjoying it.

My scripture for today is: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4.

It’s my scripture because instead of experiencing stress (like I said, it’s our busy season) I am CHOOSING to have joy!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 9:13am
I should go with that approach, too. Yesterday I had a few times of "stressed beyond the max" and had to let my co-workers know so that they could share the workload with me. (I hate being in charge...) And today I have a bunch of errands to run when I'd rather sit at home and read. Still, we need more food and I've put that chore off for more than a couple days... And I really do want to get my engagement ring fixed and see if an old watch will still live - it was a birthday present over a decade ago but went through the wash recently!

I s'pose if I write myself a neat list with all these things to do, it may seem like a normal errand-day and not as busy as I keep imagining. For once I'm actually regretting my active imagination 'cause it's producing stress!

Deep breaths... Anyway, thanks, Ruth, for the tip and I hope that your busy time doesn't drive you to insanity. ;)

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 11:45am

Once again Ruth, God's Word saves the day and puts it all into perspective! I'm going to meditate on that word today. I gave a copy of it to my husband. I hope it helps him the way it helps me!

Thanks for being such an encourager!

Stacey