Thankful Thursday!!

iVillage Member
Thankful Thursday!!
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 9:25am
I need a little "count your blessings" time. How about you?

Think of at least three things you're glad for, big or small. You can certainly make a long list if you have the time!

My little list:

- warm sweaters and comfy gloves to minimise the chill that's visiting Fredericton (speaking of which, I see snow out my window again)

- fall colours (I snapped a bunch of pictures on Sunday so my mum can share them with me)

- a good music collection, with something for every mood (whether that be rock, pop, classical or worship)

- finally having a family doctor again (went for three years without one and now there's a new medical clinic in town and I managed to get an appointment!)

- the talent God gave me for working with languages (since it's earning me some money at this point, I'm more grateful than ever)

- online friends, like my buddies at the Bookshelf!

- my writing group, for the good chat that fills up my inbox where it used to be empty as a tomb, and for the honest and helpful discussions about writing techniques

Time to get up and move around, 'cause the cold air is coming through my windows (they'll be replaced in November) and our computer chairs are not the comfiest!!

Have a wonderful day!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 11:38am

I'm thankful for some things myself today Becca, thanks for bringing it up. I think Thurday Thanks are one of those things that we just can't miss. To take time out from each day for gratitude is so important.

-I'm thankful for my loving husband who is going thru some trials but still interested in being a great husband

-I'm thankful that I'm feeling almost 100% today. That Cyst must have gone away, thanks for the prayers!

-I'm thankful for friends and plans for the weekend. Dinner with girlfriends for a birthday.

-I'm thankful for my baby to be. I can feel him moving around every day and that's so exciting to me. It's a dream come true for me to be pregnant

-I'm thankful that today is my Friday and I've got 3 days off, I'm tired!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 4:20pm
The phrase "counting your blessings" reminds me of the song from "White Christmas", anyone remember that one?

Here's my list:

-Most of the people in my office are on a business trip and I'm able to get caught up with my work.

-My boss paid me a really nice compliment today.

-It's going to get cooler on Saturday...it's been around the 90's here.

-I was able to see 2 plays for free this summer. They were so fun.

-The error I made in my checkbook was in my favor!

-God told me yesterday I could choose joy instead of stress. It really helped!

-I got a new cell phone for free, that was really nice.

That felt really good...I need to count my blessing more often!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 6:48pm
I love that movie, Ruth! And that's one of my favourite songs in the show...

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com