Friday Fun

iVillage Member
Friday Fun
Fri, 10-31-2003 - 7:25am
Time for a little make-believe. You have been chosen to act in a movie of one of your favourite books, or a remake of a film you love. Which character will you play? Where will the movie be filmed? Who else is in it? Tell us as much about it as you can dream up!

Here's mine: I'm the lead female in "The Blue Castle," a short novel by L.M. Montgomery (of "Anne of Green Gables" fame). I would try to get as many Canadian actors/crew on the project as would be available, and I would love to work with Paul Gross ("Due South," "Men With Brooms"). Maybe he's not too much older than me to play the lead male? It would be filmed in Canada, of course, since that's where it's set. We'd probably try to get as close to the location the author had in mind as is humanly possible. And if they'd agree to a much much smaller paycheque than usual, it'd be awesome to get Jim Carrey and Mike Myers to help out. Sure, they usually do comedy and this would be more like drama, but you never know...

*Sigh* That would be so fun to do! Wishing it were more than pretend,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2003 - 11:17am

Wow! What an imaginative question for Friday! I'm here on Saturday- but still want to answer. I always think that I would like to be Laura Ingalls Wilder of the Little House on the Prairie books. I don't think that I would really be honest if I chose anyone else. Although a quick second would be the character of Carina in the Kristen Heintzman series- diamond of the rockies series. She's an italian who's headed to California. She has a restauraunt and the way she describes food, makes me want to cook!

Anyway, I would choose Laura. I think that I would love to go back in time and live that way, but a movie would be good too. You could have both worlds.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2003 - 12:03pm
Wasn't the story set in Wisconsin? Why not take the movie there? (This girl likes the idea of filming close to the location of the book, though it's not always possible to recreate the way the land would have been at that time...)

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2003 - 3:32pm
I can't choose just one book, so here's a couple:

Being an avid Star Wars Fan, I to be in a movie adaption of the novel, The Approaching Storm. All the regular cast would be there I and I would be Luminara, a female Jedi Master.

And I'd also like to play Victoria, aka "Smokey", the captain of of ship in Lori Wick's book "The Wings of Morning". Cast Hugh Jackson as Dallas Knight the hero and Jane Seymour as Jenny, Smokey's good friend and mentor.

What a fun questions Becca!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2003 - 3:16pm

I remember reading that book too Ruth! I liked the characters as well as the time. Thanks for reminding me of that fun read.