Monday Madness

iVillage Member
Monday Madness
Mon, 11-10-2003 - 4:08pm

Well, I just got home from Las Vegas.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2003 - 9:26pm
I never thought about it before, but I guess I would be interested in seeing some of Vegas. The family-type entertainment, that is.

Plans for the week: letters to write tomorrow, library trip and writing time on Wednesday, work the rest of the week. Also want to squeeze in what might be the end of the translation job.

Tonight, I'm sore from work. Not sure why it's bothering me so much - unless it's 'cause I just had two days off in a row... Time to go back to the couch and rest my legs!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2003 - 12:54am
I have been to Las Vegas twice. Once when I was 18 and again in June of 2002 when I helped my mom move down there. I will be going back down the Vegas for Christmas this year to visit. It is a very crazy town. But it is a nice and fun place to visit...but that is about it....!!!LOL

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2003 - 1:31pm
Hi Stacey,

I have never really had a desire to go to Las Vegas, especially after hearing that some parents leave their little children in the lobby, sometimes all night (!) while they gamble. If I went I would probably stay with them making sure no creepy child molesters get near them. Also, my old workplace had a call center in Reno and the mangers from there told me stories of employees going to the Human Resources Dept. because their spouse had gambled their paycheck away and I'm sure Vegas would be the same. Ugh!

I had a passing thought about going to some of the family oriented places but with the stuff mentioned above and a recent TV special on how Vegas is going away from family oriented activities (they weren't making enough money) is enough for me to decide not to go.

I'll really be praying for the churches there, though...what a calling!

~Ruth