Tuesday Talk- Books!

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk- Books!
Tue, 11-11-2003 - 3:45pm

Are there any books that you read when you are down in the dumps? I'm feeling a little bit blue and realizing that I need to work on some Trust issues with my Heavenly Father.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2003 - 4:40pm
What I should read when I'm blue or restless: the Psalms, especially Psalm 139.

What I actually read: a book I really enjoyed. Since I don't have many here in New Brunswick (my collection is stored at my mum's house in BC) I tend to turn to L.M. Montgomery's "Kilmeny of the Orchard." And now we own a Harry Potter book - that series is my escape from reality...

Others I don't have on hand but love: L.M. Montgomery's "Blue Castle," any of the Chronicles of Narnia (I recently read "The Last Battle"), and Janette Oke's Women of the West series.

Many hugs and good wishes,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 8:28am
I'm like Becca - I tend to pick something I enjoyed when I was younger. This weekend I was really sick with a stomach bug - not fun when also six months pregnant! I read the Blue Sword by Robin Mckinley which I had first read in junior high. It was wonderful and I feel better now both mentally and physically.

Stacey - if you are down still it could be the pregnancy. I am always more depressed before the baby comes than after. I've never heard anyone else mention it but it is like pre- partum depression. After the baby I am weepy and emotional but it is in a happy kind of way. Before hand for months I am cranky and depressed. Hope you are feeling better!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2003 - 1:24pm

Hey Cynthia! Thanks for the encouragement. I do worry that I'll get post partum. As if I didn't have enough on my mind these days. I guess we are just about the same pregnant? When is your due date? Mine is February 15th, which I've just only realized is 5 years to the day that we opened the office! How weird huh?

I'll try reading Psalms and some old favorites. Thanks for the suggestions.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2003 - 9:28am
Hi Stacey, yes we are both about six months. I am due Feb. 11th. I am in the process of deciding between a VBAC and another cesearean. Next Friday I have my glucose tolerance test. I imagine you are also having yours soon. Hope it goes well