Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 4:15pm
1. Do you drink diet soda/pop/soft drinks? (Apparently, the name for this beverage depends on where one lives...)

2. What is your favourite meal to cook and/or eat?

3. How many chapters determine whether you are hooked on a book or ready to quit?

4. Are your Thanksgiving Day plans set (for U.S. citizens, that is)?

5. When do you decorate for Christmas and/or bring out the carols?

My answers to come... after I wash some dishes!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-15-2003 - 11:10am

Well

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-15-2003 - 6:17pm
Some load of dishes, eh? I finished them, had supper, then became busy with more proofreading. (I think I've finally finished that tonight!) Had to work early so I'm finally catching up online. Hope to do some writing as well - feels like a looong time since I devoted my spare time to the translation work...

Here are my overdue answers:

1. Do you drink diet soda/pop/soft drinks? **I call it pop, and will allow myself one bottle (about 600 mL) on the weekend. Since I shouldn't have lots of sugar, I go for diet pop. (And since there's Aspartame in the diet stuff, I might as well keep to my low limit...)

2. What is your favourite meal to cook and/or eat? **I like to cook chicken (coated with Shake 'N' Bake) and baked potatoes, but if I need something sooner, fries and chicken strips are easier! I love to eat pasta, almost any kind...

3. How many chapters determine whether you are hooked on a book or ready to quit? **If it's a great book, I'll be hooked within the first chapter or so. When I'm not liking the tale or characters by chapter three (higher numbers for miniature chapters), I start to consider giving up. Sometimes takes me a little while before I'll let myself quit - unless the book is really awful, and that doesn't happen much lately. Most often, I'm just not feeling anything but apathy!! (This question came about because a mystery my mum recommended wasn't as good as I expected.)

4. Are your Thanksgiving Day plans set (for U.S. citizens, that is)? **Not applicable to me, though that Thursday does happen to be payday. (And I just got another raise. Yay!) I'll probably be working...

5. When do you decorate for Christmas and/or bring out the carols? **Hubby requested we wait till after the 27th. I can respect that, since it leaves a lot of time to play all the carols I love and maybe find a good way to use our decorations. We didn't get a tree last year, since we were gone from December 20th to January 4th, so I'll have to decide where it's going to go!! Maybe I'll move my comfy chair so that some of the lights on the tree will show through the window there...

Happy weekend to all,

Becca :D

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-15-2003 - 7:58pm
5 on Saturday...

1. Do you drink diet soda/pop/soft drinks? (Apparently, the name for this beverage depends on where one lives...)

It's soda for me but for most Texans it's pop. I drink Diet Coke about 2 times a week. I also drink iced tea w/o any sugar or sweetener...I prefer it that way! I went out to lunch with someone from "The South" and had my first understanding of "sweet tea". She put in 8 packets of sugar and 3 packets of equal in a 12 oz glass of tea. I went into sugar shock just watching her, LOL!

2. What is your favourite meal to cook and/or eat?

I like to cook and eat spagetti and meatballs w/garlic bread.

3. How many chapters determine whether you are hooked on a book or ready to quit?

Usually 3 or 4 like Stacey. Sometimes in the 1st or 2nd chapter I think a book is good but it's not. I just read a book "The Last Star" that was like that.

4. Are your Thanksgiving Day plans set (for U.S. citizens, that is)?

My mom and I are going to a family friends. We potluck it every year (3 familes) and we all make huge batches of our dish and bring tupperware so everyone can take home "leftovers". We are all hooked on our no stress Thanksgiving that we have been doing it this way for years.

5. When do you decorate for Christmas and/or bring out the carols?

This year, probably the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I'm so glad it's calmer at work this year! It was the first year the company was in business and I was working 50 hours a week. I'm enjoying this year so much more.

~Ruth