Making The Same Choice

iVillage Member
Making The Same Choice
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 1:49pm
Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not worried about what will happen to us. If we are thrown into the flaming furnace, our God is able to deliver us…But is he doesn’t, please understand sir, what even then we will never under any circumstances serve your gods or worship the golden statue. ~Daniel 3:16-18~

My Child,

>The story of Shadrach and his two friends has a contemporary ring to it. At this very moment many people in different parts of the world are being persecuted for their faith in me. Even in your country you may have experienced prejudice against your beliefs. You may have felt pressure to deny them.

I encourage you to look at the attitudes of these three young men. They were totally sold out to me. They firmly believed that I could deliver them from the fire, but they had made their choice to stand firm regardless--to stay true whether I chose to deliver them or not. Make this same choice in your own life, and you will know my peace in the midst of turmoil.

The One Who Is Able,

>God

Anne