A New Wardrobe

iVillage Member
A New Wardrobe
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 12:14pm
Dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even tempered, content with second place…Forgive as quickly as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. ~Colossians 3:12-13 The Message.

My Child,

>Suppose I gave you an unlimited budget and sent you out to shop for the perfect wardrobe. Wouldn’t you love that assignment? Well, you don’t have to shop for the perfect spiritual wardrobe. I’ve already done that.

The spiritual garments I’ve chosen will suit your perfectly, because you were made to wear them. Dress your heart in the compassion of Jesus and in his kindness. Dress your spirit in his humility and quiet strength. Dress your will in his discipline and your mind in his contentment. But the most beautiful garment in your spiritual wardrobe will be worn over them all. It’s an all-weather coat of love that covers a multitude of failures.

Your Wardrobe Consultant,

>God

Anne
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 12:36pm
:D Becca likes to think about clothes sometimes - translating that to the spiritual realm is a good way to get her mind on heavenly topics! :D
~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com