Manic Monday- Pet Peeves

iVillage Member
Manic Monday- Pet Peeves
Mon, 11-24-2003 - 3:25pm

Ok, well I'm at the office for our marathon week- only 2 days of work with so many patients my head is spinning. It's really feast or famine around here!

I was feeling like discussing Pet Peeves today- Do you have any pet peeves? If so, please share them so we can all vent today.

My #1 pet peeve for today- a ringing phone- my phone has been ringing off the hook and I've been getting a bunch of hang ups!

#2- Salesmen! I can't stand salesman or solicitors who come to my door and try to sell me stuff. Plus they are rude when I say no thanks- when I have people in the waiting room!

What's up with you?

stacey

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2003 - 3:49pm
My day went from normal to not so busy to very busy. Ah well, that's what happens when my boss isn't allowed (by her bosses) to schedule many deli workers - the few that are given the hours work hard for their paycheque. (Once we have more sales, we'll have more staff... We'll be a bit busier in general, but each person won't be running around as much. ;) )

We tend to get someone trying to fax our phone number, no hangups as yet. And I have the urge to be rude when telemarketers won't let me go right away. I just don't want to take the time to hear someone rambling away on a subject that doesn't interest me... I suppose if I knew them, it would a lot different and I'd be kinder... (Naughty me.)

I can't think of any pet peeves outside of the workplace, which I'm trying to forget about till my day shift tomorrow. ;)

Hoping the rest of your week isn't so crazy, Stacey!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2003 - 5:57pm
My Pet Peeves

#1 People who drive on the freeway in the left lane with their left blinker on. I want to scream at them TURN. I know there is only the K-rail (are the concret dividers) there, but move or turn off the blinker.

#2. Stupid commertials, like buy from us and we will save you 50%. Well I can save 100% buy putting it in the bank.

Thanks I needed this.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-25-2003 - 9:59am
My Pet Peeves...

-I don't like sales calls either. I ususally say very sweetly "Thank you, I'm not interested" and hang up. I don't feel bad about it, I know people who are telemarketers and they really appreciate this approach if you are not going to buy (they are required to keep trying if you stay on the phone).

-That mobile phone commercial where the guy says "Can you hear me now?". I want to tell him..."You only say that when you CAN'T hear someone!" He should be saying, "Can you still hear me?"

-That it's very challenging to find shoes. I have wide feet and it takes some patience to find cute shoes that fit!

That all folks!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-25-2003 - 11:49am

Glad that I could be of help! Hope you don't have to see any silly commercials today- or bad drivers!

Have a great day!