Thursday Thank You's

iVillage Member
Thursday Thank You's
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 12:40pm

Today is a week from the day when we are all most thankful.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 4:00pm
I'm thankful that I wrote a short story yesterday - only one detail from a Christmas tale I penned as a kid has stayed with me (I lost my only copy). I've been haunted by the memory every couple years. And now I finally remembered enough to try again! I now have a short version (for a contest in my critique group), but I think there's potential for a children's book. We shall see!

I'm glad hubby slept for a long time today - he's had trouble getting sufficient rest lately. When I came home from work today, he told me he'd gone to bed at 4 am, without feeling sleepy, and woke up just before 2 pm. Yikes!

And being the TV/movie junkie I am, I'm happy that I get to see Monsters Inc. for the first time, plus I have a couple of faves to view again: Star Wars Episode II and The Four Feathers. (Wait, there's also Tomb Raider 2!)

I can't wait to go Christmas shopping and see all the pretty stuff out there. I won't want to part with the money, but family is a good cause. ;)

Easing into the Christmas spirit,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-04-2003 - 7:24pm
I'm trying to write stories for Christmas too Becca! For my niece who loves horses, wolves, and now dragons I'm going to write her a story called Dragonfly Evening. For my friends who requested a story about fall, a secret hiding place, and cool rocks (it would take a while to explain) a while back when I asked for story ideas-- I'm going to write a story that I have no ideas what to call yet. It has a girl name Leah, her neighbor David, and starts out when they are young, and I'm hoping it goes up through WWII, fall, and ends at Christmas off course! ;) I feel that it is heavily influened by Linda Chaiken whom I was reading quite a bit off at the time, but hey,,,write what you like, right?

Also today my Mom told me my Aunt gave me a gift certificate to Belks, and their are pretty, dressy clothes there so I mayi by a shirt as part of a Christmas outfit.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 9:45am
I definitely agree with "Write what you like." What's the point, otherwise?

Hoping you find the perfect clothes to wear on Christmas Day,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com