Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 11:37am

Hi! Let's do a rolling Tuesday Talk today.... I'll ask a question and the person who first responds to me will answer it.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 12:28pm
I don't remember all the titles; there seemed to be so many this year that I didn't want to read all the way through. Hopefully my current "To Be Read" list has some winners... I saw "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" and wanted to know more about the origin of the characters, so I'll be checking out a few "classics."

My question:

What's your favourite Christmas treat?

Happy Tuesday,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 7:05pm
fudge or divinity (Southern Living recipe book type candy---white, fluffy wits pecans)

What kind of holiday movie are you craving now, and what's one you can recommend others might not know about?

Black and white, classic romance/comedy

Bachelor Mother

with non-dancing Ginger Rogers

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 7:36pm
I've seen that movie! Wow!

I'd recommend "Miracle on 34th Street," the black and white one with Maureen O'Hara and Natalie Wood. (The newer version is good, but the original's still better.)

In case you crave another question to answer:

Name one Christmas tradition from your childhood or one you've instituted for your own kids...

One of my faves is the gift Mum would sneak into our rooms before morning. Keeps the kids occupied while the parents sleep in for a bit! ;)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 8:20pm
On Christmas Eve we would have fondu to eat, but only after we had a bath, and opened and wore our new Chrismas Jammies.

My question is not an easy one. What is your current favorite word to study in the Bible?

Mine is echad, the plural form of one. As in many people make one group. Some Bible verses that use it are Gen 1:5, 2:24. The Literal trasnlation of this word is MANY PARTS MAKE ONE. The most often quoted verse in that Bible that uses this word is Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Elohaynu Adonai Echad. That is: Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One. By the way Adonai is also plural. Oh do I love word studies.

Steph