Christmas Trivia Time!
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 12-10-2003 - 8:16pm|
1. Oplatek is an important part of a Polish Christmas. It is:
A) An ornament
B) A sausage
C) A special wafer shared by all
2. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer made his first appearance in 1939, in a story that was written to:
A) Promote a department store
B) Promote a car
C) Get children to read more books
3. Because holly remains green even in the depths of December, it has been credited with many mysterious powers. In England, if prickly holly is brought into the house before the smooth-leafed kind, folklore holds that for the next year:
A) Fortune will be yours
B) The husband will rule the household
C) You will have bad luck
4. In some places Christmas is often associated with particular flowers (like the poinsettia) and other members of the plant kingdom such as Schlumbergera bridgesii, more commonly known as:
A) The Christmas cactus
B) The Christmas tree
C) The Christmas lily
5. There are four popular colors for Christmas. Red and green are two. What are the other two?
A) Red and blue
B) Silver and red
C) Gold and silver
6. Who lost $8,000 in the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life”?
A) George Bailey
B) Uncle Billy
C) Clarence the angel
7. Elvis recorded what sad song in the 1950’s?
A) Silent Night
B) Blue Christmas
C) Blue Hawaii
8. Most popular tree topper?
9. Who tells you she’s in town by tap, tap, tapping on your window pane?
C) Suzy Snow Flake
10. The politicians, women’s groups, and seniors’ organizations protested this Christmas song written in 1979 and popularized by Elmo and Patsy.
A) Frosty the Snowman
B) Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
C) Toys in the Attic