Tuesday Talk

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 11:09am
The pressure's on, can you take it? ;) How are your holiday plans working out? How much scrambling around is left in your corner of the world? Will you be able to relax Christmas morning?

I ask these questions because I think that Christmas is often rushed and full of stress. Getting things done early can avoid a lot of the problem, but how many of us can actually find the time or inclination to shop before December? I couldn't this year...

This morning I got my grocery shopping done. I may have to buy eggs and bacon, or other everyday items; but the packaged stuffing (so easy to make), the gravy mix and the turkey drumsticks are safely stowed away. (And let's not forget the apple pie!)

All that's left for me is one work shift today, and cleaning tomorrow. I'll probably straighten out the bathroom, dust a few places, and eliminate our growing pile of dirty dishes. Then I'm free to read or write or play games!

Hoping you have some time to take in the wonder of Christmas,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 3:12pm

So positively thrilled to report that I'm done with my shopping! I'm glad to be done! I had one more CD to buy for DH and had $14 left and spend $13 of it! I love shopping with Christmas cash! It's more fun not to put myself into debt for the holiday!

I'm going to bake a batch of cookies and attempt a fairly intricate bread recipe tomorrow after we get done at work.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 8:56pm
Whoah! I was going to get my last few gifts done today and ended up spending the entire day writing the story I told my friend I would write. I had like 1 1/2 pages done, and ended up typing to 11 with practically no editing/revising--so it's kind of a messy/sloppily written story in need of tweaking. I'll post it for you guys if you need a good laugh, or to feel better about your own writing :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 9:44pm
I'd love to read it. Consider posting at the Creative Christian Writing board (http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bcchristianw) as well 'cause the gals there (including me) love to read new stuff!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com