Wednesday WWW's- just for you

iVillage Member
Wednesday WWW's- just for you
Wed, 01-14-2004 - 1:01pm

Does anyone else feel like we're really not seeing many posts around here?Let's see if I can generate some talk today?

Who is out there lurking and not posting these days? What is your favorite type of question to post and answer to?

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-14-2004 - 4:10pm
What is your favorite type of question to post and answer to?

** I like almost all questions, though there are of course topics where I have less to say. (I know that sounds impossible, since I can be quite talkative; but a person can't know everything. She can try, though... ;) )

When do you check the board, 1st thing in the morning or in the evening?

** If I start work in the morning, as I have been lately, then I'll be here around suppertime. If I have a day off or my shift isn't till evening, I try to pop in before noon.

What is most likely to generate your interest? Book talk or general?

** Almost anything. I love to learn new things about other iVillage members, and I like giving my opinions as well.

Have a good evening, Stacey!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-15-2004 - 5:04pm
I have to admit to being a very irregular poster. The boards have been slow around the holidays and so I have been very poor about checking them.

I like to talk about books the most but I don't read a lot of Christian fiction, just the very occasional one, but I read a lot of Christian non- fiction. I occasionally post about other topics though. Just depends on if I have something to say.

I just finished reading Decision Making and the Will of God by Friesen and it was very good. I am now in the middle of In the Hall of the Dragon King by Stephen Lawhead. It is a Christian fantasy novel, but I am not too impressed with it. Anyone read that or anything else by him?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-16-2004 - 8:05am
I have that series by Lawhead. I enjoyed it, but haven't read it again - so I might be of a different opinion now!

I read some of the Pendragon Cycle as well and enjoyed those, yet haven't done a re-read.

Didn't like "The Iron Lance" but would be willing to try again, since I had no patience with Tolkien the first time around and am now loving The Lord of the Rings.

So... I can understand not liking his writing but I also think he's an intelligent writer. I remember how impressed I was that a person could write fantasy and still work in obvious references to the Living God!

Becca, who's a bit wishy-washy this morning ;)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-17-2004 - 7:24am
Hi Becca, I agree with you there, that was about the only thing I found interesting about the whole novel was how he used the True God, even in a made up world. I did finaly finish the first one, but I don't plan to read the other two anytime soon. For some reason they just do not grab me the way other fiction does. I think part of it though not nearly all is his lack of character development. I tend to focus on characters when reading novels (kind of like getting to know a friend), and his books tend to be plot driven.

I did read and enjoy fairly well the Pendragon series a while back as well but also have not re-read them. I recently read Patrick by him, and although it had it's courser moments I liked that one the best of what I have read so far.

I hope this does not turn anyone off who was interested in him. I know a lot of people who really like his writing so at least give him a try. I think it something with me on this one.

Cynthia