Wednesday W's

iVillage Member
Wednesday W's
Wed, 01-28-2004 - 4:35pm
How about some general life questions today. Any visitors who usually don't know what to post will have one more reason to ask "What is up with that gal Becca?" ;)

1. Where do you do your laundry? (Own laundry room, laundromat, coin-operated machines in an apartment building, in the bathtub...)

2. When you saw the "Lord of the Rings" movies, did you see any Christian connections? (Some people do, some don't, and others haven't looked yet.)

3. What's better, in your opinion: coffee, cappucino, herbal tea?

4. Who are your favourite musicians/bands? (Christian, secular, classical; name any you wish.)

5. Why do you like iVillage?

There, we've covered the five W's. Feel free to add your own queries - there's no rule that says I get to ask all the questions!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-28-2004 - 4:57pm
1. Where do you do your laundry?

** Hubby and I live in an apartment building, and the laundry room is only two doors away. :) Still, I have to remember to have enough quarters on hand for the machines, which are cheaper than our last dwelling. Usually, I buy a $10 roll so I'm good for a few weeks. When I forget to visit the bank, I get a some coins as cash back when I do some grocery shopping. (I work in a grocery store - in the deli - so this is convenient.)

2. When you saw the "Lord of the Rings" movies, did you see any Christian connections? (Some people do, some don't, and others haven't looked yet.)

** I didn't look. I believe I knew that Tolkien was a friend of C.S. Lewis, and had probably heard that Tolkien was in fact a Christian. Anyway, I just took the movie as fantasy; but I have friends who will insist the story is more than that. There is actually a quote from the foreword in one edition in which the author backs up my first impression; however, I don't think it's a bad thing for a mainstream tale/movie to send our minds to higher things! Anyway, I don't mean to lecture; I'm more interested in hearing what others think about this little issue.

3. What's better, in your opinion: coffee, cappucino, herbal tea?

** I think I spelled the second option incorrectly. Goes to show I don't drink it much, doesn't it? It's quite high in sugar, so I try to avoid it. I don't like the taste of coffee (so my capp has to be full of cream!) but I enjoy herbal teas.

4. Who are your favourite musicians/bands? (Christian, secular, classical; name any you wish.)

** Christian: Skillet, Rebecca St. James (her worship music is good but I became more of a fan when "God" came out 'cause I like rock) and Tony Vincent (who has gone from Broadway to touring with Queen - I'm not sure whether any future CDs will be Christian or secular).

Secular: Sarah McLachlan, 3 Doors Down, ABBA, No Doubt.

I listen to classical music every so often but don't want to bore hubby! I really should learn to distinguish between composers, though...

5. Why do you like iVillage?

** I enjoy having a place to meet people, chat about interesting topics, discuss books... I love that I can fit these visits between varying shifts at work - I don't miss saying "Hi" just because we're in different timezones or some come online in the morning and others at noon. :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com