Monday Musings

iVillage Member
Monday Musings
Mon, 02-02-2004 - 4:46pm

I spent about two hours at a health clinic today. Even when you have an appointment, going to the doctor takes a lot of time! Ah well, I'm good for another year. Hopefully I can avoid doctors and nurses till then. ;)

How do you feel about doctors? I'm grateful for them but would rather not make too many visits in a year....

In other news, I stopped by the library on my way home and grabbed Alan Paton's "Cry, the Beloved Country" 'cause I've heard great things about the author. Also want to see what I think of P.D. James' mysteries so I have "Death In Holy Orders." Add in an Amanda Quick for "guilty pleasure" and the movie "Harrison Bergeron" so I have more to discuss with an old friend who's currently obsessed with Sean Astin!

Looking forward to a quiet evening at home,

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-02-2004 - 9:14pm
Right now I am very thankful I have insurance! I'm also thankful that God took great care of me when I was out of work for almost a year, I only had to go to the doctor once and He provided the finances to pay for it.

Anyone else out there having a hard time finding Christian books to read? I read alot and pretty fast and I think I am catching up to what my library has. I'm also going though Dee Henderson withdrawals, its been so long since she's written her last book! She posted on her website that the delay was due to changing publishers. Anyway, I'm just kind of thinking out loud. No big news here except I bought a couch over the weekend. My first NEW couch! Its cream leather and I love to snuggle in it with a book.

Have a great week everyone!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-03-2004 - 11:31am

Congrats on the new Couch Ruth! New furniture is always a pleasure I think.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-03-2004 - 12:13pm
Funny you should mention the Redemption Series, I just started reading it around November of last year. I read them out of order but I think I have read them all now. Very good books!

BTW - I forgot to give you baby tips a friend of mine gives out to new moms. She says newborns take a lot of comfort in being snugly wrapped in a blanket, like a receiving blanket. She says it’s because they are used to being in a womb and not used to all of the room, it kind of freaks them out at first. The other thing she said she did with her son was put him down for naps when the house was noisy, or made sure it was noisy when he went to sleep. This was so he would not wake up easily when he was napping and she said it worked great!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-03-2004 - 4:12pm

I was starting to get a bit bummed about finding Christian fiction at my library, and then I borrowed the Lord of the Rings books from my pastor. In the time it took me to read through the trilogy,

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-03-2004 - 6:14pm

Thanks Ruth! I am planning on keeping the house at a normal level no matter what state the baby is in. I've heard that as well. Plus not to make the room artificially dark in the daytime so they don't get days and nights mixed up. If that will help I'll do it. I'm going to swaddle the baby in the blankets. I got so many blankets he'll have plenty of cozy covers to be wrapped up in!

Thanks for the advice. It's coming to an end of my pregnancy and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

Looking forward to motherhood,

Stacey