Monday Movies

iVillage Member
Monday Movies
Mon, 02-09-2004 - 4:31pm
I'm watching "Lilo & Stitch" and wondering what cartoons or movies everyone enjoys. What are some good family shows? Your favourite films adapted from novels? Anything you could watch over and over and over?

I like "Princess Bride" for multiple viewings. I'd recommend the Muppets and any "Secret Garden" movie for families. For romance and laughter, I like the BBC miniseries of Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice." And I can't wait to see what comes next for the Chronicles of Narnia - a few of the books were made into TV movies in the late '80's and I've always wanted more!

Have a good evening!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2004 - 5:58pm
Great Question!!!!!

Here are the movies that I can watch over and over and over and over again:

Lilo & Stitch

Monsters Inc.

Drumline

Finding Nemo

The Little Mermaid

The Harry Potter Movies!!!!! (Pleae don't give me a hard time about this one!!!)

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2004 - 7:11pm
"Drumline" is a new one to me. I'll have to check that out. :)

I have both "Harry Potter" films but haven't watched them in a bit. I can always read all the books if I want, thanks to the set hubby got for Christmas.

Have the rest of the ones you mentioned; we must have similar interests! I've almost worn out my "Little Mermaid" soundtrack since I didn't have the video right away.

Thanks for answering, Jen.

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2004 - 8:25pm

Great question Becca. I've got Toy Story, Lion King and Bug's Life to watch over and over. Plus I've got some other Disney's but I don't like to watch them over and over.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 5:29pm
Becca,

I love family movies. I bought Freaky Friday and Secondhand Lions, both are now favorites. The rest of my list has a lot of the same movies mentioned:

Finding Nemo

The Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast

I like A Little Princess and The Secret Garden but have not seen a version of either I like nearly as well as the books.

Other than kids movies I like:

Sense and Sensibility

Ever After

Kate and Leopold

Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea

Any Star Wars Movie

Princess Bride (get this on DVD, the interviews are funny!)

I'm sure I missing some others...~Ruth