Wednesday Wonderings re: "Passion"

iVillage Member
Wednesday Wonderings re: "Passion"
Wed, 03-03-2004 - 10:38am
So, who's seen the most talked-about movie of the winter? Anyone gone with church groups?

I'm a bit of a coward and will wait for a private viewing in my home, so I can bawl my eyes out without feeling awkward (or take bathroom breaks at my convenience). I expect that the violence will affect me deeply, since I know the film is showing something that actually happened. ("Schindler's List" and "Saving Private Ryan" were gruesome to me because of that fact, while the battles in "The Lord of the Rings" and other fictitious works are easier to stomach when one knows it's all make-believe.)

I'll content myself for the time being with the book that began it all ;) and memories of another movie about Christ, the mini-series "Jesus of Nazareth."

Have a good day!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2004 - 11:04am
I saw the movie last Friday. Let me tell you it was very moving and left me totally speechless. It was an amazing me and was a great portrayal of the death of Jesus. Yes, I totally balled my eyes out and so did everyone in the theater. I will probably go and see it again with some other friends!!!! I think that everyone needs to see this movie. I don't think that you should be ashamed of crying in the theater....you will be fitting right in with everyone else!!

God Bless Ya

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2004 - 11:47am
I saw it Monday. Here is what I have to say about the movie.

#1 Go see it even if you don't think you can.

#2 Get there a little early there are no comming attractions the movie just starts

#3 Take kleenex

#4 After the movie be prepaird to spend some time alone.

Becca go see the movie. After it starts no one knows that you are there and you don't notice anyone else unless they are talking.

EDIT: The movie is 2 hours long. If you don't stay for the credits.

Steph

Edited 3/3/2004 11:49:48 AM ET by woy01

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2004 - 1:08pm
Becca, I saw this movie on the Friday of it’s opening weekend. The owner of our company is a Christian and he offered to give us the afternoon off and pay for the movie and refreshments…that was a blessing! I prayed about going and felt that I personally did not need to go into a state of grief to appreciate the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. It was very violent but because Jesus talked to me first I mainly went away from this movie with a deep sense of gratitude for His sacrifice and a determination to never take it for granted. Whether you are supposed to see it in the theatre or at home, I know God will direct you in the way that’s right for you…He’s awesome that way!

Have a great day ~ Ruth