Monday Mumblings

iVillage Member
Monday Mumblings
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 5:10pm
How is your week starting off? Big plans? Already looking forward to the weekend? Don't be shy, speak up! ;)

I usually count Sunday as the start of the week, and it was a good day. I relaxed at home, started writing a short story (since editing my novel goes from boring to frustrating and rarely hits enjoyable) and saw "The Passion of the Christ," which was too violent for me. (I'm glad that it's getting people talking about Jesus and the sacrifice He made for us, but I'd rather see more of the story, as in the mini-series "Jesus of Nazareth" which goes from conception to resurrection.)

Today has been good as well, though my computer is trying to drive me crazy. I added a splitter and extension cord so that I can have speakers and headphones plugged in at the same time, eliminating the need for crouching behind the machine and switching cords. That worked fine, but now the mouse won't work. I changed batteries (it's a cordless) and tried different combinations of mouse and adapter thanks to hubby's comp having almost the same hardware. Nothing's working so far. Grrr. Ah well, I'll just use the second computer until hubby's back from the university. Then I can work on my new story or check out the crossword puzzle book I got this afternoon. Maybe the man of the house will have some ideas for getting my machine's cooperation. ;)

I'm glad for tomorrow morning off (and much of the afternoon as well) plus all of Wednesday as well. Can't believe it'll be St. Patrick's Day already! Then a couple more days of work and I get Saturday off. :) Hopefully I can fit in a few phone calls to my family during the week 'cause I'm missing them again. (I go through times of extreme independence then gradually circle around to homesickness, and back again to loving a place of my own. Mixed up, eh? ;) )

Have a good week, gals!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 9:34pm
well I suppose the only exciting thing I can say about this week is that I'mn going to skip class on Thursday and go with my friend to the Todd Agnew Grace Like Rain concert tour at her church. Barlowe Girl and Silar's Ball (not sure how spelled) are part of the tour also.