Something Has To Give

iVillage Member
Something Has To Give
Tue, 03-16-2004 - 4:58pm
Good Afternoon Prayer Warriors -

My current job told me yesterday that they have decided not to open the office here in Port Angeles, which is where I live. I took the job because they were opening an office here. Well, right now I am commuting 3 hours round trip for 6 hours of work a day.

Something has got to give for me. I moved up here because I had a good job and then within a month of moving here I got laid off. I haven't been able to find a steady, decent job since November. It is getting really frustrating. I have given it all to the Lord, but somethings has just got to give. I feel worthless that i cannot find a decent job. I have had 4 jobs since November. That is just crazy. Please pray with me that I will find a great job or that the Lord will continue to provide for me. There are 5 ads in the paper today that I am looking into.

I know that I keep asking for prayer....but I don't know what else to do. And it seems like the same thing all the time. I know the Lord has plans for me and I know I need to wait on Him and wait for His timing...but sometimes, well maybe not sometimes...but right now all the time it is just so hard to do.

Thanks for listening to me vent and thanks for your prayers.

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 12:23am
I'm sorry about you job situation. (I'm up for classwork this late and was checking mail/board) My sister has lost 2-3 jobs this year cause of having a sick baby/difficult pregnancy. :( Hope you find something near you!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 12:45pm
Asking for prayer is definitely the right thing to do in every situation. And I send hugs to you and prayers up to God whenever you share your difficulties.

If you enjoy the job that you are currently commuting for, is it possible to move closer to the office/worksite? (Moving is a costly proposition, something I know from experience, so I don't ask that lightly.)

Whatever happens, we're here for you and we know that God has you in the palm of His hand. He isn't far away and He certainly understands your frustrations. Never doubt that He does all things for the good of all His children.

One of those prayer warriors - I like that title 'cause one wouldn't usually think of little ol' me as a warrior ;) - who is by your side,

Becca @--

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com