Friday Five: Make-Believe Interview

iVillage Member
Friday Five: Make-Believe Interview
Fri, 03-26-2004 - 3:28pm
If you sat down for coffee, lunch or dessert with your favourite author (or any writer whose work intrigues you), what five questions would you ask? (More than one author is certainly permitted.)

Here are my five questions for Janette Oke:

- Where did you get the inspiration for the characters in the "Love Comes Softly" series?

- Are any of the situations they faced stories passed down in your family?

- Who did the research for the series about the Acadians? (There are Protestant Acadians in the tales - very unlikely - and there seems to be prejudice in the telling of events.)

- Where is your favourite place in Canada?

- Do you ever wish you had signed with a Canadian publishing house?

I haven't read Janette's books for a while, but those are the questions that have been floating around my brain. Someday, I should write them down and send her a letter!

Have a great weekend!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2004 - 11:37am
What a great question!!!!!! I would love to sit down with Terri Blackstock. Here is what I would ask her.

1.) What made you decided to write the Newpointe 911 series??

2.) Who is your favorite character??

3.) What, if anything, gets you in the mood to write??

4.) Is anyone if your family a firefighter??

5.) Which of the books you have written is your favorite??

God Bless Y'All

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2004 - 9:33am
Becca,

This IS a fun question. I just read “Sisterchicks do the Hula!” by Robin Jones Gunn and as I was reading it I wished I could ask her the following questions:

1. Your books are so funny…I laughed out loud when a college student called her ex fiancé’s new girlfriend “a cinnamon twist working at Taco Bell”! How do you come up with the funny situations and phrases you write?

2. I found the history you brought out about Hawaii so interesting. Did you do most of the research on your trip?

3. How many of the things that happened in the book happen to you? As I was reading about making Leis and the history of them I wondered if you had the same experience.

4. I know you must use characteristics of people you know in your books, have they ever recognized themselves? If they did, what was their reaction?

Robin Jones Gunn seems like someone I would truly like to be friends with. I would love to discuss her books with her while having tea!

~Ruth

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-04-2004 - 5:45pm
I have a couple more questions, this time for Meg Cabot, author of "The Princess Diaries."

- How did you know what lingo to use? Kids of your own, friends, etc.?

- Were you pleased with the Disney movie? It's quite a bit different from your novel.

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com