Fave movies?

iVillage Member
Fave movies?
Sat, 04-24-2004 - 11:34am
I had a movie day yesterday since I didn't work. Hubby bought me "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" for our anniversary, 'cause I'm a movie collector. (Anyone else played the card game in that show? I did in college but I can't remember our substitute name for it.) Then I felt like seeing "Sweet Home Alabama" yet again. And "Double Jeopardy" was on TV in the evening, so I added that to our collection.

I want to make some time soon, maybe on my next day off, to watch the BBC mini-series of "Pride & Prejudice." With commercials omitted when it was shown on A&E, it's around four and a half hours long! But worth every minute 'cause Jane Austen's wit and humour get me laughing.

Any other suggestions for movie-watching? I have a couple coupons for Blockbuster, so I can get a free "Favorites" (aka "film over 2 years old") and $1 off a New Release. I also have a growing collection of shows here at home.

Thanks!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2004 - 1:13pm
HI Becca

Some of my favorite older than 2 years are OVERBOARD, GOONIES ( both filmed in Oregon), and one called ANIMALS ARE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ( a documentray about wildlife in Africa that I find just to funny.) I also like the MONEY PIT a good one for new home owners, or if you are just looking to by a home. I am not a good one for romance movies. The one romantic movie that I own (also over 2 years) is called I LOVE YOU TO DEATH. It is based on a true story out of Tacoma WA. One that is unusual that I love and that most people have not heard of it WATCHER IN THE WOODS, it was made by Disney and stars Betty Davis.

I hope that if you have not seen these and find them intersting that you will look into them.

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2004 - 12:14pm
I love movies as well and have a pretty big collection. I agree with Stephanie with her selection of "Goonies". It is a fun classic!!!! I also love Moulin Rouge, Fried Green Tomatoes and Cheaper By The Dozen. Happy Movie Watching

God Bless Ya

~Jen~

Anne
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 3:07pm

I have a good collection of movies as well, here are a few I remember,.... the Abyss, The Fugitive, Fried Green Tomatoes, Chocolat, Bug's life, Tarzan, Tommy Boy, Ransom, Mrs. Doubtfire, About Schmidt, Pirates of the Carribean.

I love to watch movies. Recently I saw Secondhand Lions and highly recommend it- a good movie for family- clean to boot! We also rented Master and Commander- it was good as well, but not as much as I would have expected from Russell Crowe.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 4:32pm
Hubby thought there would be more battle scenes in "Master & Commander." (I think we should read that as "he wanted more battle scenes." LOL) For my part, I just really wanted to read the novels by Patrick O'Brian after being introduced to Captain Jack.

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2004 - 4:44pm
A link to this thread was included in an iVillage newsletter I receive, so for anyone stopping by because of that, I wanted to state that I'm looking for all movie recommendations - not just those that would be in the older sections of the video store.

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 11:21am

Hi Becca, My most favorite movies recently are Secondhand Lions and Cheaper by the Dozen. I thought both of these were very good movies and I can highly recommend them to everyone.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2004 - 12:44pm

My favorites over 2 years old are, Nuns on the Run (with Eric Idle and Robbie Coltrain) - very funny! Presumed Innocent (Harrison Ford), all of the Star Wars movies, all of the Star Trek movies, all of the Back to the Future movies :)

patricia