Tuesday Talk!

iVillage Member
Tuesday Talk!
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 9:54am
Today's topic is a favourite of mine: music.

I listen to music as much as I can, and I s'pose that explains why I get annoyed that the station at work plays one Elton John song an hour. (There are a maximum of five songs I like by him, and they never play them....) Anyway, here are the questions I have about your music interests:

1. What types of music do you listen to? Any kinds you can't stand?

2. Who are your favourite bands/musicians?

3. Have you been to many concerts?

4. What's in your CD/tape player now? (Or, if you're listening to the radio, what station is it?)

Thanks for indulging this music freak. My answers follow in another post.

Becca :D

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 10:06am
1. What types of music do you listen to? Any kinds you can't stand?

** I like almost everything. I don't listen to rap/hip-hop much, but I like a few songs here and there. Same with country music - I don't put it on that often, yet it's in my blood 'cause I grew up with it. (Which means I have a few "new country" tapes and CDs but haven't collected anything new lately.)

2. Who are your favourite bands/musicians?

** Let's go by decade, since there are many, many. And I'm sure I'll miss some.

50's: Buddy Holly

60's: Early Beatles, The Monkees

70's: ABBA, Boney M, Simon & Garfunkel

80's: A mix of songs (some of them "one-hit wonders"), Petra

90's: Ace of Base, Sixpence None The Richer, Tony Vincent, DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, PFR

Now: Still listening to the old stuff, and hubby is gradually introducing more metal and secular rock into my music diet. (I "fight back" some days by putting on Skillet or other Christian music.)

3. Have you been to many concerts?

** I went to a youth retreat in Caronport, Saskatchewan, four years in a row. I remember seeing Hocus Pick Manouver (a very funny bunch of guys), Petra, PFR, and Sixpence. (I think I'm missing a year in there, but I can't recall who else would have performed.) I've been to a Jars of Clay concert (where Duncan Sheik opened) and also DC Talk, with Audio Adrenaline starting off the night. Nothing since I moved from BC, though - not many opportunities and little moolah.

4. What's in your CD/tape player now? (Or, if you're listening to the radio, what station is it?)

** Just finishing up "A Tribute to ABBA," which has 14 songs covered by metal bands. :D So fun to listen to! In my portable CD player, I have Ryan Malcolm (Canadian Idol winner) and his disc "Home." The first song, "Star Of All The Planets," is my fave track.

Have a great day, with good tunes!

Becca :)

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV~~

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 2:55pm

1. What types of music do you listen to? Any kinds you can't stand? I listen to Christian music, 80's and some current pop. I don't really like country.... but Dixie Chicks are one of my favorite bands.

2. Who are your favourite bands/musicians? Dixie Chicks, Annie Lennox, Celine Dion, Nicole Nordemann,

3. Have you been to many concerts? not in a really long time, I've seen Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Richard Marx, Whitney Houston, Olivia Newton-John(my 1st concert), Harry Connick Jr., Rod Stewart, Rush, and Sting.

4. What's in your CD/tape player now? (Or, if you're listening to the radio, what station is it?) Annie Lennox, Diva. I'm listening to KLove, christian radio.

Thanks for posting this Becca, good to "see" you today!

Stacey and Sam

PS Sam likes Classical and family Christian radio

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 4:40pm
Wow, Stacey, you've seen many of the big names. :)

I like some Dixie Chicks and Annie Lennox songs, too. I have a lot of Celine Dion tapes and CDs, but haven't listened to them much lately. Besides the fact that hubby doesn't like her music, I got tired of hearing and seeing her everywhere. "Falling Into You" is my favourite CD of hers so far, and of her French songs I like "Danse dans ma tete" and "Des mots qui sonnent."

Becca, who has listened to lots of tunes today - including Stacie Orrico, Petra, Newsboys, and Rebecca St. James! :D