Generic equivalent to Loestrin 24 FE?

iVillage Member
Generic equivalent to Loestrin 24 FE?
Sun, 01-13-2008 - 3:17pm

Hi, I am taking Loestrin 24 FE and I am loving this pill.

Some background..I was on the patch a few years ago and then Ortho Tricyclen Lo a year ago and went off of it because of withdrawl migraines. Well after a year of using condoms, having pms, lots of acne, heavy perios, and being fed up I decided to give hormonal bc another try. I told my gyno about my issues with the headaches and she gave me 3 sample packs of Loestrin 24 FE. I got no headaches, my pms is gone and my acne is getting better each month.

Here is my problem: Now that I used up my sample packs I have to use my insurance to cover it. My insurance company does not list it on it's formulary so my copay per month is $50! I paid for it this month because we had the money and I had to refill it on a weekend. This is way too much money and we can't afford this every month. Does anyone know of a generic pill that is close to this one? I am really upset because this pill works so good for me and I love the short periods. I am going to call my gyno this week but thought I would check here first for some info. Thanks so much in advance :)

-Jessica

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2008 - 4:47pm

Yes!

Judie Cl for Birth Control 
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2008 - 5:19pm
Thank you Judie!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2008 - 4:36pm

Hey Jess,