Period help!

iVillage Member
Period help!
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 11:59am

Hello,

For 2 months I missed my pills because I moved and lost the pack and I was in the middle of it I think I don't know the exact week I was in. I just started my new pack this past Sunday.

Over the weekend I had protected sex using a condom with my bf.

I started my new pack before my period and I thought I should be getting my period soon but I don't know if starting the new pack messed it up or what, do you know when I should expect it or what happened? I had my last period about 4 weeks ago so I figured I'd be getting it soon. Now I'm really worried I could be pregnant since my period isn't here yet but I've been bloated or having period like cramps/aching in my lower abdomen so I thought I'd get my period soon too but it hasn't come yet.

Do you know what could be going on?

I don't know if I should just wait it out another week to see if my period comes or if it could take even longer to get here since I started my pack before my period or what.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 1:30pm
Since you started the new packet of pills mid-cycle, it's likely that you won't get your period until this packet is up.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 1:44pm

Okay. I was wondering if I needed to take a home pregnancy test now or if it would be too early but I don't know why I would be pregnant because we checked to make sure the condoms didn't break and we took them off right away. The sperms in the semen die right away once they are out of the body right? Because we use a towel to wipe ourselves off so I just want to make sure.

My stomach has been a little bloated and crampy like it is around my period time but no period, and I've been eating a little more than normal but I just don't think there's any way I could be pregnant. I think it would be ironic since we never use condoms when I'm on the pill and since I wasn't on the pill at the time we used condoms so I figure it's safe if they didn't break.

I'm just nervous because I know if I was pregnant I would have to abort and I know there's a pill you can take instead of the surgery but I don't know if you can do it a month later. Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 11:49pm
I would test now, so you're not worrying!

Photobuck