Having issues..(newbie)

iVillage Member
Having issues..(newbie)
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 6:09pm

Hi everyone!! I am new here and I have a question. I have been taking Lo/Ovral birth control now since June 2nd and have not had any problems with it so far. Until now. I start my pack on Tuesdays due to a weird side effect I had while taking Loestrin, and the doc switched me. Last Tuesday I stared the AF week and so far, no signs that she is coming and I am supposed to start taking my new pack tomorrow. I do have slightly sore BBs but I usually have those when I ovulate and before AF. I have not had any other symptoms of being pregnant (frequent urination, nausea).

My questions are: Is it possibly too soon to test? What is the likelihood of me being pregnant (I am overweight)? Should I start the new pack?

Right now I am in between insurances (hubby switched job insurance) and am not able to see a doctor until probably the end of the month. I am afraid if I stop taking the pills I will have long, heavy AF again (the reason I was put on the pills) and afraid if I do start taking them again and I am preggers then it will somehow affect the baby. Grrr. I just really don't know what to do and could use some advice!!

I also want to add that I take my pills RELIGIOUSLY every night with my iron and B vitamins. I have never missed a pill!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 3:53pm

I would go ahead and take a test now, though occasionally stress or illness will cause a delay in a woman's period.