Paranoid about being pregnant

iVillage Member
Paranoid about being pregnant
Sun, 10-25-2009 - 4:09pm

I have been with my boyfriend for more than 4 months and we've fooled around in our underwear (either one person or both in underwear). Since this is my first relationship, I'm really paranoid about everything. What if precum soaks through his underwear or my underwear, etc... We've given each other oral sex quite a few times but that itself I know can't lead to pregnancy.

Last month, I had a really big scare because my period came one week late but I had cramps when I was supposed to have my period; just no period. I've had regular periods for years so this was really unexpected. That entire week was torture for me because I thought I was pregnant. And I never even had sexual intercourse... I started feeling queasy when I ate and my breasts felt tender that if i squeezed them, they hurt. Then my period came after 1 week; I think it was my period because it lasted for about 4-5 days and the bleeding was pretty heavy. Also, I had really really painful cramps, more painful than any I've had before. (One advil didn't even mask it completely). I used to have cramps only on the first day of my period.

I know I should be relieved but then I read online that sometimes women do have their periods when they're pregnant. I've also never had sore breasts before but it's been about 1.5-2 weeks since my period ended and I'm having breast soreness again. I also swear that my breasts are getting bigger and darker though I am a college student so I am also very stressed all the time and I'm gaining weight so the breast enlargement could be due to that too. But the breast tenderness comes and goes. I talked to my bf and he said I have nothing to worry about: my period came, etc etc, it's probably hormonal imbalance due to stress, diet, and the fact that I've never participated in any sexual activity before. Is it really just hormone imbalance? Am I being paranoid for no reason? Is there any reason I should take a pregnancy test or something?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 11:48pm

Kari - I could have written your post about 15 years ago when I was in college and first experimenting with sex!

Photobucket