Tubes Tied

iVillage Member
Tubes Tied
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 4:20pm

Hey all

I was wondering who on this board is familiar with tubal ligation. What is the procedure like? Does anyone know anyone else who has had it at a young age? I am only 22 and am NOT really considering having it done...not at this point in my life...but I am just curious.

iVillage Member
In reply to: shark447
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 7:17pm

There have been members who have had it done, if you use the search option for the board you might find some posts. They don't usually stick around too long after it.

I do know as a young female it can be harder to find a doctor willing to do it for you, especially if you have no (or even one) children.

It's a day procedure and you're in and out in a few hours but fully asleep for the procedure.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: shark447
Fri, 12-11-2009 - 4:16pm

I don't want to influence your opinion, but it was the biggest mistake I have ever made having a tubal. I had mine with my last c-section but I have regretted it ever since.

My periods are HORRIBLE now. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have had it done. I just had an IUD put in, not for back-up birth control but because my bleeding is so severe. I was 25 when I had mine done.