So Happy!!!

iVillage Member
So Happy!!!
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 2:11pm
I just wanted to let all of you ladies know that I got a Mirena put in about a month ago, and I love it already! It has been the best, hassle free birth control I have ever used. I don't have to stress about did I take my pill or not today, and it's just always working. My boyfriend can't feel the strings at all, unless I ask him to check them. I have stopped spotting and have hardly cramped at all. I'm just really happy with it and I thought I'd let everyone know. If you are looking for a birth control you don't have to think about and is effective, this is a great one. I am 22 and have not had any kids, inserting it was slightly painful but nothing that you can't handle. I did not take any kind of pain medication before I went in. It was so worth it for five years of protection!!!
iVillage Member
In reply to: confused2234
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 11:05pm
Wow! This is great news! Glad its working out for you! I've thought about looking into this as well! Glad to know it wasn't terribly painful or anything! Yippee!!

131.gif image by y_barosrunningaddict8.gif image by y_barosmommyjade2005.gif image by y_baros

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 4:02pm
I would suggest mirena for sure. I figure the initial pain of putting it in is no comparison to five years of not having to worry about birth control. And it was bareable so I wouldn't be too worried about that.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 4:08pm
Wow thats great! I've been through a whilrwind with BC this year. I had to switch because my exercise routine was making me spot for like 2 weeks. My doctor didn't quite get it and I'm possibly looking for a new one! But I'm glad to know it wasn't as terrible as some people make it sound!

131.gif image by y_barosrunningaddict8.gif image by y_barosmommyjade2005.gif image by y_baros

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 5:16pm
I'm another Mirena user that LOVES it. Glad it's working out for the OP.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 5:32pm
That's great to know and thanks for sharing your experience. I have an appt soon with my doctor to discuss my options. I can't wait to try the IUD, it'll be my first time to try it. I also can't wait to go with this option so I don't have to remember to take my pill every day, which is a nuisance for me! And to be able to be more "spontaneous" with my DH and not to worry about whether I'm protected or not. I didn't want to go with tubal ligation so I thought about IUD to see if it's a good fit for me and my body.