Mirena IUD

iVillage Member
Mirena IUD
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 11:46am

I had the Mirena inserted last month. I had a few days of cramping and spotting.. I was fine.
Two weeks later however I am bleeding. Not much, enough for a liner. This has gone on for 8 days.
wondering how long to expect this?

Thanks all!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: janetis40
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 10:59am
Irregular bleeding or spotting is common for up to 6 months. Most women stop having irregular bleeding or spotting before then. I had spotting off and on for about 6 weeks before things settled down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:05am

6 weeks? Alrighty.. I hope this ends by then LOL

We have a cruise coming up in Feb. My Dr told me after December I should be ok. I hope so!

Thanks for responding :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:09am

It really varies and up to 6 months is considered "normal" range of spotting. I would think that if you've had it a month already that by the time Feb comes you'll be fine.

My periods got shorter and lighter right away and now I barely have spotting if I get a period at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:15am

I am so looking forward to getting to the point where the period itself isn't bad at all.
I can't take the Pill anymore due to high BP. I have such issues each month that I honestly only have two good weeks out of the month. One week of horrible PMS and one week of period that is just unreal.

I am very strong and even the Dr told me I was 'stoic' with the whole insertion but as I told her.. that was nothing compared to what I deal with each month.

Glad you love it now.. and hope I get to that point soon! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:21am

I had mine inserted at my 6 week check up after I had my son so insertion wasn't painful at all for me (thankfully).

The only downside to the Mirena is with the pill I used to completely skip periods and now I get it when I get it kind of thing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket