Recurring vaginitis and Nuvaring

iVillage Member
Recurring vaginitis and Nuvaring
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 1:44am

Hi there,

So I've been on Nuvaring for about 4 years and loved it until recently. The freedom, and no need to worry about taking a pill everyday made me a happy girl. And as someone who has PCOS, going off of BC is unfortunately not an option for me.

But since May of this year I have been battling recurring cases of vaginitis - first a bacterial infection, then a yeast infection (from the antibiotics, probably), then the BV returned and as a result another yeast infection. repeat.

I didn't really notice any problems prior to May, but now I am getting tired of running to the doctor and the pharmacist every couple of weeks. Not to mention that this has adversely affected my sex life, too.

The question I'd like your opinion on is if I should consider switching birth control methods?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 12:00pm
It COULD be related to the ring. Switching methods would let you find that out. You'd have to switch for at least a couple of months to decide if it was the ring or not.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 11:41am

The same thing happened to me...kept taking antibiotics and it kept coming back. Took different types of antibiotics too. I swear I had it like 10 times...no lie. I didnt start getting my chronic infection until like a year later though. But anyways, the only thing that cured it was BORIC ACID VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES...yes, made by specialty pharmacies. This may be your cure. I been infection free for months now.

Allyssa's Mommy

Allyss