Don't think Im pregnant, but....

iVillage Member
Don't think Im pregnant, but....
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 8:28pm
Okay so I am probably overreacting, but here's the deal. I'm on birth control which I take every day. I never miss a day and the latest I ever am is no more than 2 hours. I didn't start my last placebo week until Dec. 13 but I started bleeding lightly on Dec 4, which I thought was just some spotting, but it turned into a full on heavy period. So for a week before my actual period I had a period. Then it continued bleeding into my placebo week. So I basically had a 2 week period. It is now Jan 3 and my tummy just feels bigger or bloated. I've been working out but it looks like there is a more than usual large belly bump there. Now there's no way that if I were pregnant that I would already take on the qualities of looking it is there? I mean I just stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 8:32pm

I had the same issue. I was on the pill, and the week before the placebo week, I had my regular period, which was very strange for me, because I was always exact. Then the week of the placebo, I spotted all week. I called the doctor, and they told me to take a pregnancy test, because the spotting could be from implantation, which is about the 2nd week after conception.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 11:29pm
But why would I be bleeding so heavily if I was pregnant? Most of the sites I see online say that if you're pregnant you will spot, which means 2-3 days of very light brownish blood. I bled dark red heavily the week before and then still pretty heavily the next week. That's too much blood to just be spotting.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 12:33pm
Since you're experiencing what is referred to as "unusual bleeding", I would suggest calling your doctor to have some tests run in order to determine the cause.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 5:31pm

It sounds like you could rule out pregnancy, but you never know. Having had the same symptoms you did, mine turned out to be other issues, so I would

Daisypath Anniversary tickers